Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird in air vent

Options
  • 26-05-2009 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I have discovered a bird (starling I think) in the air vent in my livingroom. The vent guard on the outside is cemented into the wall so taking that off is not really an option.

I took off the vent guard on the inside but the bird keeps disappearing. I really dont want to leave the vent open all day/night as I have seen the mess birds create when they panic.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of it.

I don't know how he got in other than guessing he got in through the attic and fell down through the cavity wall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Leave the vent off overnight and close the doors in the room, hopefully you will be able to capture him in the morning. The warm weather is here... you don't want him croking it in you wall....

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

bauderline wrote: »
    Leave the vent off overnight and close the doors in the room, hopefully you will be able to capture him in the morning. The warm weather is here... you don't want him croking it in you wall....

P.
    Leave out a little tray of water and some bird seed. He'll be in need of water and will more than likely eat in the morning. If you don't have bird seed, soak some bread in water.
    Throwing a big towel or something similar over him will probably be the easiest way to catch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Thou should be thankfull he didn't come down the chimney and then fly around her indoors painstakingly decorated livingroom giving it an overall coat of black soot!
    Happened to a pal, he wasn't amused and hunted said bird with murder in mind.

It escaped his efforts though, lucky fecker

I had one down my chimney too but i have a little stanley stove so happy days for me!

As to resolving your dilemma, sorry i know nothing about birds...of any kind:p

Advertisement