Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Birdman

Options
  • 26-05-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hey i really think this guy has some good energy and heart and well it helps that he seems slightly insane just wanted to know what ye all thought.

birdman.jpg

Birdman a good or bad player 8 votes

Birdman is rodmans white twin
    0%
    Birdman is just an ex junkie looking for a fix
    100%
    raven136Kinetic^CarcharodonSea Devilseagle eyeStab*CityLiam OXrox 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I read an article on him while he was kicked out of the league about his whole life and how he was working hard to get back. At first I thought he was a complete idiot to blow a guaranteed $18M (or whatever it was). But then when I saw how hard he was working to not continue the downward spiral it really made me cheer for him.

And then I love how every night he is capable of a Top 10 play and a Not Top 10 play in the same game. Saw one playoff game where he had this incredible alley oop dunk where you just said "How in the world did he go up and get that? Especially a white guy?" And then a few minutes later went for a putback dunk and clanked it off the rim. Dude makes me LOL all the time.

He's the kind of guy that makes Basketball great, in terms of personality. Neither baseball or American football lends itself to the kind of characters that basketball does. Hope he's kicked the drugs and gets that big contract this summer.

On the other hand he'll want to forget this moment.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

why is he called birdman?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

conno16 wrote: »
    why is he called birdman?

Google him and check out a piture of his hair style and youll see, plus he can get up there for a white guy;)

EDIT : Added image so ye'd know who i was on about and for conno16

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I have tried by best not to like him because he just came across as someone who tried too hard, appearance wise, birdman thing was a bit obnoxious too but he has grown on me this season and his performances on the floor speak for themselves.
    He is entertaining to say the least, looks funny with all those tattoos and he he is a real country boy i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah the guy has been immense in the playoffs. Very enjoyable to watch him.

Outside of the big names(LBJ, Kobe, Howard and Anthony) I think Turkoglu has been the most impressive player in the playoffs this year and then Anthony followed by a host of other Nuggets. *I'm probably forgetting someone obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah the guy has been immense in the playoffs. Very enjoyable to watch him.

Outside of the big names(LBJ, Kobe, Howard and Anthony) I think Turkoglu has been the most impressive player in the playoffs this year and then Anthony followed by a host of other Nuggets. *I'm probably forgetting someone obvious.

I take it you meant Andersen? :p

Tbh I like JR Smith more than the Birdman.

Liam O wrote: »
    I take it you meant Andersen? :p

Tbh I like JR Smith more than the Birdman.
    You are correct.

On Smith he blows hot and cold, more hot than cold but I like consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

I like the Nuggets, they have some wild characters, Birdman, Kmart, Mello anyone of these guys are and can be mad controversial at any time! and Mr. Cool Chauncey. What's not to like!?

You are correct.

On Smith he blows hot and cold, more hot than cold but I like consistency.

Doesnt consistency refer to being able to keep your game at a certain level.....???? i.e. not blowing hot and cold :D:D:D

Sorry couldnt resist :p

Xrox wrote: »
    Doesnt consistency refer to being able to keep your game at a certain level.....???? i.e. not blowing hot and cold :D:D:D

Sorry couldnt resist :p
    Do I have to go quoting now to clear things up.

You know what I meant I presume and are just taking the P1ss.

Just in case though, You are correct was in answer to Anderson.

And the other part of my post was a separate reply. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

He's the new Dennis Rodman. He has this unusual appearance with all the tattoos and crazy hair but when he's on the court he's quite productive in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet. Great man to have on the team as he brings massive energy to it.

You know what I meant I presume and are just taking the P1ss.

Yup got it in one just taking the p1ss :D

Get Up the White Boy!!!!

Long vid but worth watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

As a player he isn't even on the same planet as Rodman.
    He's certainly useful, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

ascanbe wrote: »
    As a player he isn't even on the same planet as Rodman.
    He's certainly useful, though.

Rodman has the edge in Rebounding certainly but in other areas it's not too much of a stretch to compare them. Birdman is a much better shot blocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Rodman has the edge in Rebounding certainly but in other areas it's not too much of a stretch to compare them. Birdman is a much better shot blocker

........and he can score a god damn layup! :pac: Birdman is definitely a better scorer tbh.

Advertisement