Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to play I - X

Options
  • 26-05-2009 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys,

what's the best way of doing this?

i have PS3 (can play ps2 games), PC, DS, PSP.

i've only played VII and X and XI (for a good year) and i want to play the rest.

also does anyone have an approximate hour count on all the games, i know VII i played for 40 hours and just looking to see how much time i'll need to play them all, i'll have a lot of free time soon.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All FF games are approximately 40-50 hours long on your first time. They can go to 80-120 hours if you want to do all the super hard secret bosses. The secret bosses only started appearing in FFV onwards but it wasn't until the western version of FFVII that they got stupidly tough. The secret bosses in FFVIII and FFIX aren't too tough but for FFX and FFXII they are silly hard, and I think the ones in FFX ruin the end game by getting in the way of all the subquests. I'm not a fan of all the boring grinding you have to do to take them on but some people like it, I'll never understand why.

Anyway you might want to skip the earlier FF games. FF1 is very old school and you will have to do a lot of levelling up just to beat it. Before any dungeon you need to bulk up levels for ages and get enough money for equipment and 99 healing items since magic is a commodity you need for the bosses. The PS1 remake is slightly easier but still really tough.

You might want to skip FF2 because it's an atrocious abomination of a game. The levelling up system completely runs the game. Stupidly you can level down stats. You'll spend your time levelling up by selecting attack and then cancelling, the same with magic and hoping for a stat boost. HP boosting is down by beating the **** out of your own characters. It's a real shame :/

FF3 it starts to get a lot better and the DS remake is very good. Be warned that the last dungeon is hell.

FFIV is were the series gets good. The DS remake is gorgeous looking and has been rebalanced with much tougher bosses so it might be worth playing the snes and ds version.

FFV is excellent and was the job system is amazing. I'd recommend the unofficial snes translation of the game since the PS1 translation is butchered and the GBA version has a butchered soundtrack.

FFVI, my favourite FF game. Simply wonderful. Again get the emulated snes version (called FF3) since the GBA version has a butchered soundtrack and the PS1 version has annoying load times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just to reiterate, honestly, skip number 2. there's not the usual feeling of satisfaction at the end of the game, only relief. i wouldn't wish is on anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Edit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't ask for copyrighted games on this forum again or I will ban you.

Advertisement