Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greater linking of Adverts and Boards.ie

Options
  • 26-05-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

I know that it was decided to make adverts a separate site rather than just having a FS section on boards.ie

But since adverts uses the boards user database, and PMs are sent through boards, can I suggest one further integration?

It would be really handy if threads in adverts.ie were included in ones subscribed threads section of the control panel.

my 2c
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think they're going for less integration, not more tbh. :)

The idea has merit, but the whole adverts.ie platform is lined up for a major overhaul, so any suggestions such as this can only be added into the plan for that overhaul, no changes will be made to the current platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I think moving the FS section out of the Boards.ie domain is one of the worst things that could have been done to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭iDontReallyCare

I know that it was decided to make adverts a separate site rather than just having a FS section on boards.ie

But since adverts uses the boards user database, and PMs are sent through boards, can I suggest one further integration?

It would be really handy if threads in adverts.ie were included in ones subscribed threads section of the control panel.

my 2c

Hi,

My plan is to see adverts as a stand alone site, like buy&sell with morals.
    Given boards is now many communities under one umbrella it is likely that there will be buy and sell sections within those communities. Cycling, photography etc

^H^

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

What seamus said tbh.

The PM facility is a major pain with regards to adverts as it stands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

"buy and sell with morals"
    thats a no to russian brides i assume..

grrrr.

adverts is a great idea, but for some reason its not a place id search for stuff unless i was looking for old megadrive games or a 3 leg coffee table. Jmo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement