Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike 2 work Galway companies

Options
  • 26-05-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Do you know what companies are doing the bike 2 work scheem in Galway. My employers are making excuses and I'm trying to find someone in Galway who does not want a bike but who has an employer who is doing the scheme.

I could them give that person the money for the bike and we could come to some arrangement between us. (50 quid sounds about right). I'm looking to spend 1k on a road bike and because of this serious investment I want to see if this is possible.
    Please reply with advise or info to this post or PM me.;)

Comments

place i work is doin it.. but i doubt anyone would take the bike and sell it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

place i work is doin it.. but i doubt anyone would take the bike and sell it on?

I was hopeing that for someone who can avail of the scheme but is not interested, could help out someone who is. I cant see any issue here.

Its just seems that some companies have HR people who are not lazy.

If you can advise please post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Well.. that's kind of fraud though.

The companies are supposed to ensure that their employees who avail of the scheme use the bikes to cycle to work.

Besides, buying a fancy bike in this economy? It'll get ripped off in a second.

Stick to a banger. When you get toppled by one of Galway's famous drivers on one of it's lovely roundabouts, at least you'll just have injuries... not a wrecked 1000 euro bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

tisk tisk tisk. Bad form ArraMusha.

Go back to your company, it really is no skin off their nose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I don't think he's buying a 1k road bike the comute to work, he's looking for something he can do 200k+ per week comfortably.

Just keep at your HR manager and eventually she'll do it to stop you annoying her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement