Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest weirdo you know!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Check out the "Characters of Cork" thread .We do a special type of weirdo down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

This guy started talking to one of the girls who I was out with Friday night when I was out for a drink. we stood outside the pub and this guy was a bit drunk, a bit overweight, greasy + shoulder length hair and a cringey looking earring and he started going on about the colour of the girl's hair. He then ranted about "actually talking to this hot blonde" and pointed to the downstairs smoking area.
    "Did you see her? she had blonde hair and a cap on, I couldn't believe she talked to me.... and she gave me her number.. I mean she told me she had a boyfriend and stuff.... but she gave me her number.. I was like... she was hot.... and blonde. Let me show you.."

He pulled out his phone and I thought 'crap, he took a bloody picture of her the loon', and he held up the phone to us showing us the number and the girls name above it.

Are you trying to tell us you're a weirdo???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

In Toronto a few years ago they closed down an asylum and let most of the patients go so in a particular area of the city there a lot of 'unique' people hanging about. there's one old guy who goes around in a wheelchair the whole time but he walks the chair along with his legs. And I once sat near to a woman in a cafe who was talking to an invisible person sitting opposite her. It turns out this guy had made some cock-up that meant the earth lost some sort of inter-galactic war and she was tearing him a new a$$hole for what he'd done. Another woman came over to her at one stage and said "hey (name), mind if I sit down?" and the woman just looked at her and said"can't you see I'm busy?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Jumpy wrote: »
    I guess you are not Irish.
    You guess wrong but it's funny that you ask that because actually I think Irish people in particular have a soft spot for eccentrics. I admire a certain amount of eccentricity and don't like hearing dismissals like 'freaks and weirdos'.

I do think both are very rude and non-specific terms that in my experience are often over-used by people who might not be labeled very exciting or interesting to be around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Trí wrote: »
    Confuddled - I wander back into my room and fall asleep to the tempo of the drilling and DJ Mark McCabe in perfect tandem.

So, was he a maniac on the dancefloor, so to speak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

YOUR MA!!! ..................................sorry i had to!

you really didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

There's one lad in our year who's a bit of a 'character'.

E.g.; Me: Hi *******
    Him: Hi, want some fcukin toast?
    Me: Erm, no thanks
    Him: Why ****in not?
    Me: Because I'm not hungry, why dyou keep swearing?
    Him: I'm not fcukin swearin
    Me: 'Fcukin' is swearing
    Him: No its fckin not! Fckin fckin fckin... legggyyyy! (He rubs his leg against you)

And no he doesnt have tourrettes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

All the biggest weirdos I've known have been from Cork.
    I live in Dublin now, but my family live in a small village very far west.
    SO many strange local people!

One man got divorced from his wife, fell out with his kids and ended up spending most of his time in the pub, drowning his sorrows...
    About a year ago, he actually sold everything he owned and bought a camper van, which is now permanently parked outside his bar of choice. Stumbles out of it in the morning with a foul hangover and back into the pub again :P

A friend of his also spends all his days and money in the bars - he walks home, stumbling all over the place every evening and does the same thing every morning trecking back! I was in the car with my dad once when we noticed the car in front was driving very strangely - kept driving from one side of the ditch to the other, stalling, cutting out etc...
    Turns out, yer man had stolen his elderly neighbour's car when he'd been admitted to hospital, to try to make it to the pub faster :P
    As you might have guessed from his driving skills, he also had no license.

Another fella, who actually owned a bar, was very odd ... he named one of his sons Adolf ... and spend most of his time chasing pheasants in his 4x4, didn't even want to eat them afterwards, just enjoyed chasing them and killing them for the hell of it :/

Then comes the paedophile - some of you might have heard of him on the news ; Francis Damm. He and the wheelchair bound woman he minds used to hang out outside my primary school every day, when I was a lot younger ... none of us ever thought to find it suspicious!

The police raided his house a few years ago and found thousands of images of children on his computer ... had to let him go though, as their warrant was out of date when they discovered the files! (EXACTLY the same thing had happened 10 years previous, when he'd been living in another place.)

He was a strange man - I'd see him in the shop the odd time, always bought the same things - large quantities of cat food and some packets of cigarettes. He didn't have any cats. He'd shy away in his house for another week then ...

Finally, the biggest weirdo of them;

Countless stories about him. My personal favourite was when he was cutting down a tree in my garden - sitting on a thick branch, cutting down parts of the tree when he cut the branch he was sitting on!
    The tree was huge, so he fell quite a distance - When they noticed what had happened, another man and my dad went over to him to ask if he was ok. His response "I'm grand, apart from the fall" Epic!

He was the gravedigger in the local church. My dad's the priest. When a woman died, he called my dad regarding when he could dig the grave. My dad told him that she'd asked to be cremated. On the day of the funeral, the congregation were coming out of the church and were greeted by yer man on his tractor and trailer, dumping a load of manure in the church ground, out of spite that he'd been out of "a few bob".

Another good story was when he was driving through a field in his tractor - came across some men who started frantically waving and shouting at him, couldn't hear a thing, so he kept on driving towards them... ended up driving straight into this well they were digging.
    While he was waiting to be rescued, petrol from the tractor leaking everywhere, stuck underground, ... he decided to pass time by lighting up a cigarette!

Funny to think that all these people live within 10 minutes of each other! Weirdos come in flocks :P

On a Dublin-related note, has anyone come across "Mandy"?
    I was on the Luas red-line one night, heading into town - This man-woman got on a few stops after me.
    Leopard-print coat, red dress, heels, clown-type make-up, red lipstick all over his mouth and facial hair :P

These two little head-the-balls started hassling him;
    "Going home to yer fella, are ya?" and the likes.
    When they got off the Luas, Mandy called them, they turned around to see what he wanted, and he lifted up his dress, exposing himself to them!
    I've never seen two kids look as scared!

After that, he spent the remainder of the trip swinging off a pole, dancing in circles and crying "God loves me, even though I'm different".

Brilliant!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

My dad's the priest.

I think we have a winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think we have a winner!

Hahah :P

Yes, I'm weird either way ; a secret love-child OR protestant :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

A local lad called "Jimmy the Weirdo". That or the infamous Galway Knacker Dwarf!

that infamous knacker drawf is a bit strange alright. If ya give him a few euro he'll kick himself on the head its hilarious.

once worked with a lad from wales who claimed to be the son of the richest man in wales. We caught him out so many times as his story was so inconsistant. He claimed he trained alot of high profile horses eg war of attrition despite the fact we showed him proof that somebody else trained him. so many stories about him but he was def the biggest weirdo i knew

InFront wrote: »
    This isn't related to anybody here, however I would say I hate it when people call somebody 'weird', or pass a comment like 'freak'. I actually think it is the height of rudeness in that there is nothing wrong with being different, often it is to be commended, and if you have a problem with somebody maybe you hould be more specific about it than just using terms like that.

Sorry, I just know a few girls (who I love and are really nice people) but they're not the most exciting bunch in the world and tend to use these terms about people who are just a bit eccentric in a perfectly fun way.

Quiet you ya weirdo :P
    I once lived with the weirdest f*cker on the planet.

He came home one midweek night p1ssed off his tits and started blaring music in his room. Even my ear plugs couldn't drown out his septic taste in music. My bed was literally jumping around the f*cking floor and not in a good way.

I walk out to give him a right telling off and there he is - door wide open, birthday suited with his girlfriend, giving her a right drilling from behind.

Clutching to my teddy bear nightdress (an unwise choice, sure.. but I was not expecting to be on show) for comfort, I think I stood there in shock for a bit too long.

And then I noticed - they were STILL going. And then 'hiya Tri - hows it going' and i'm like err.. wtf?? She says hello herself, asking how I am...

Confuddled - I wander back into my room and fall asleep to the tempo of the drilling and DJ Mark McCabe in perfect tandem.

The next day - he said nothing about it. Just acted 'normal'.

I bumped into him last year while out to dinner. I just said 'remember me?' and he goes 'I f*cked you, didn't I?'...

well...............did I? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Quiet you ya weirdo :P

well...............did I? :pac:

Nope!

That is all.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Nope!

That is all.:)

There was no chance of a Trísome that night, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

There was no chance of a Trísome that night, no?

ahahahahahahaha. No - didn't fancy yer one, never mind him.

You're looking 'dashing' today, Anabelle Little Sandstorm btw... Nicest avatar so far. Now THATS the kind of look I go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

This guy started talking to one of the girls who I was out with Friday night when I was out for a drink. we stood outside the pub and this guy was a bit drunk, a bit overweight, greasy + shoulder length hair and a cringey looking earring and he started going on about the colour of the girl's hair. He then ranted about "actually talking to this hot blonde" and pointed to the downstairs smoking area.
    "Did you see her? she had blonde hair and a cap on, I couldn't believe she talked to me.... and she gave me her number.. I mean she told me she had a boyfriend and stuff.... but she gave me her number.. I was like... she was hot.... and blonde. Let me show you.."

He pulled out his phone and I thought 'crap, he took a bloody picture of her the loon', and he held up the phone to us showing us the number and the girls name above it.
    At least he got something out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

s_carnage wrote: »
    Sean, they are called bouncers.

Here is a bit of information on them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouncer_(doorman)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh........
    Scarcasam
    :D:D
    Well struck in any case!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mask wrote: »
    Some guy who tried to sell me invisible string when i was in vegas.

Go on, How much did you pay for it and do you still have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I've worked with many weirdos....mainly unbalanced women who tell ridiculous lies. One from Drogheda who said she got badly sunburned once 'cos the dog next door licked all her suncream off.... years ago a flight travelling from France to the uk crashed...this girl said she was meant to get that flight but she missed it, caught the next one and from her plane window she could see all the suitcases and body parts floating in the water...she was travelling from New York ffs!! She also said she walked home from a night out with a sanitary towel stuck to the ar*e of her jeans due to a mishap in the toilet. Oh yeah...and she got lost at a concert trying to find the toilet, opened a door and marched through it pulling her trousers down only to realise she was on the stage. Oh..and she has a (girl) friend who has thick black chest hair:confused:..wtf?! I have to say, I liked her..nice weirdo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement