Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to IADT on their own?

Options
  • 26-05-2009 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

We originally had 4 people lined up to share a house in Dun Laoghaire but 2 of them fell thru, it seems they will not be going to IADT anymore. We are now looking for 2 or 3 more people to house share in the area.

There's nobody else from my school even going to Dublin and by chance I happen to know another guy from Cork heading to IADT so the 2 of us are interested in either people looking for a house so we can find one together or people that have a house sorted and are looking for further occupants.

If the pickings are slim we'll take the first applicants to post otherwise we'll choose so if you want tell us what you have to offer the household! This is a perfect oppertunity for anyone in the same situation. First year.. Don't know anyone going there.. Want to make friends fast..

PS. and you'd wana be fairly positive you'll have a place eg. good porfolio score etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You can contact the Students Union in IADT as well as they help students find accommodation as well as their other functions. Might work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

Thanks I already visited the site but all they seemed to offer was links to accomodations, wheres it's actually people I'm looking for. Thanks anyway!

corkarcher wrote: »
    Thanks I already visited the site but all they seemed to offer was links to accomodations, wheres it's actually people I'm looking for. Thanks anyway!

If you email them, maybe they can put your apartment on that list... perhaps get some people calling you for a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SarahCommane

Hey!yeah i would be interested in finding somewhere to stay with ye..
    going to be going to IADT on my own next year so yeah if you wanna PM me or something we could see what happens..

ps. portfolio wouldnt be a problem, hopefully will be doing english, media and cultural studies so i don't need one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

I'd be interested. I was hopefully going to be going up with a friend from school who applied but he doesn't think he'll get his course anymore, so I'd be heading up alone if I get my course aswell. I did fairly well on my folio and the points are low enough for VisCom but they could easily go up as they came down 90 from last year. So I can't be definate that I'd be going but I'm interested in the offer fo sho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭K-Bowie

Hey!yeah i would be interested in finding somewhere to stay with ye..
    going to be going to IADT on my own next year so yeah if you wanna PM me or something we could see what happens..

ps. portfolio wouldnt be a problem, hopefully will be doing english, media and cultural studies so i don't need one.

Same position as you I've the same course down aswell :) and I'd be looking aswell don't know anyone else going either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭TrueCold

Lookin for a place for next year. Gettin kinda desperate here.

Dont wanna commute 4 hours a day. Will probably be in first year by myself so need some people to share with.

Hi, were still looking for one more person to fill our 3 bedroom house! Please pm me with your email addy if anyone's interested and i'll send you the details and photos. Also time is of the essence coz this place will be gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

Still looking for someone for this room??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 war84

Hi, myself and a friend have a room to rent in an amazing house on deansgrange road, single room, 410e per month, 5 or 10 minute walk from the college. If anyone's interested send me a pm with your email. You can view pics of the place on this link:

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=397056

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

I know of 3 people all now looking for accommodation in the area,
    still got rooms?

There is now a forum entirely devoted to third-level accommodation, either the finding of accommodation or the filling of accommodation.

it is aptly titled Third-Level Accommodation and is located here; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=975

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dtmteddy

hi guys, i got accepted to IDAT, but never really looked into were people stay!? can anyone tell me were people stay, or if anyone is looking for a house/flat mate, could u let me know! thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 andymaq

Hey guys my friend and I are both going into Film & TV Production in IADT and we're looking for a 3rd person to share a house/apartment with. We haven't decided on anywhere yet, we're just looking for a 3rd roommate at the moment! So pm if your interested. If your another film student imagine the DVD collection we'd have :D

Hey I just wana update my post that I think were sorted for roommates now, but if I know of anywhere I'll pm people details. There is a house that we might be declining that should have 4 rooms free!

hi, im moving up to dublin also, so wondering were ur house is and is it on daft.ie.
    could u email me the details to dtmteddy@hotmail.com
    im an 18 yr old guy doin the business entapeneurship course and want sumwere to stay! rent not a problem, jsut lookin for somewre t stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heeereees-jonny

i'm movin into a house in stillorgan wit a guy and a girl and we hav a twin room available..... PM me if any1 is interested and i'll try nd get bck to ya as soon as i can.... (rent is REALLI gud ;) )

hi, yea id be deffo interested in it, will u email me the details to dtmteddy@hotmail.com.
    what type of house of it, do u have any pics? and how much is rent!!?

e mail me!

thanks
    dan

ps : i also have a friend who would be interested in sharing the twin room with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Lloydface

Hey everyone,

I'm starting English Media and Cultural Studies and would love to share a place with whoever has a spare room going? I live two bus journeys away and could really do with living closer to college. Any space going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oxel

apparently theres a meeting for accomodation on the 8th for first year students, recon it wont be too late to find anywhere if i wait to go to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Lizz

Hey :) Got accepted for Photography in IADT this year, dead chuffed. But I'm from cork so the accommodation thing is proving difficult. I'd love to have more of a chat with ye about it if you want to send me a mail on this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 spontaneous luke

I think your about two years too late Lizz, check the post dates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lizz

Hahahahahaha xD mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gapmunky

Lizz wrote: »
    Hahahahahaha xD mortified.
    scarlet for ya. Add me on facebook so we can talk houses. /gapmunky

Advertisement