Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof covering for workshop

Options
  • 26-05-2009 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Any recommendations on roof coverings for workshop?

Want to steer clear concrete tiles and corrugated coverings and anything that needs to be torched on. The few slates real and synth I've looked at are a bit expensive.

From ceiling in it will be - plasterboard / vapour barrier /rafters & rockwool/ ply sheathing / breathable felt / battens?? and covering??????

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

put torch on felt or mineral felt on top of the ply

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

tile affect cladding ???

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,

I used single sheet cladding before and it broke my heart.
    Fair enough - i didn't use any moisture barrier so I had droplets of water all over my tools/machines - not good.

If I was building a flat roof shed now - I would go with the ply and torch on felt. You could do a lot of the prep work your self and cost a lad to torch the felt on for ya - even use tenderme.ie - that new ben dunne thingy -:pac:

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Advertisement