Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic Corps Program on RTE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Back in the early to mid 90's there was a show on RTE showing Public Order incidents in Dublin mostly.

Does anyone remember that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

TheNog wrote: »
    Back in the early to mid 90's there was a show on RTE showing Public Order incidents in Dublin mostly.

Does anyone remember that?

I briefly remember something on T na G They busted aload of young fellas in Galway with Cider :pac:

Also RTE had "Harour nights" based in Courttown (The Irish Ibiza :rolleyes:) where one garda was filmed as part of a multiple part documentary in the lives of different people in courttown . That was shocking all the Dub skangers off their face and there was fook all your man could do. Anyone remember this program?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭MarkN

Hope the Corp guards in this show know a bit more about driving than the guard on Crimecall last night! We're looking for a BMW 3 series McLaren model (it was an E46 M3 actually guard).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

MarkN wrote: »
    Hope the Corp guards in this show know a bit more about driving than the guard on Crimecall last night! We're looking for a BMW 3 series McLaren model (it was an E46 M3 actually guard).

Nearly fell off the chair when he said that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Threads merged.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Should be a interesting program. I wonder will it show the asshole attitudes that most of the traffic corps have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I presume the Phoenix Park put an embargo on the camera crews getting within 50 yards of the motorbike lads.
    MarkN wrote: »

Yeah, that really was terrible. Even my gf spotted that it was an M3, a convertible one at that IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Scum of the earth, the traffic corps. They dont even have the respect of their own colleagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Scum of the earth, the traffic corps. They dont even have the respect of their own colleagues

Now thats a generalisation if I ever saw one. The traffic folks I know are decent people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Tis a bit of a generalisation alright ..I've met good and bad cops , likewise I've met good and bad IT people, store clerks, mechanics, etc

I've dealt with good/bad cops first hand, give them respect & you'll get respect.
    I mean by no means lick his arse but don't have an chip on your shoulder or attitude otherwise they can come down on you like a ton of bricks!!

I've gotten out of a couple of tickets by talking to the cop with a bit of respect and a cheeky smile ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bigass

I presuming you have met all 14,000 gardai in the country, with a remark like that.
    It's people like you that give the gardai a bad name, obviously not every guard you meet is going to be to your liken.
    Probaly at the time you made this concious decsion to paint them all with the one brush, you were possibly reciving a ticket for speeding or some other offence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lucygoosy

Unless you are a member yourself, I don't think you are in any position to comment. And if you are a member, I don't think coming out with comments like that, so publicly, is appropriate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

bothar cogadh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

stratos wrote: »
    bothar cogadh.

:D, we just need the Irish nicknames now...

Seány and Páidí etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Anybody watching this? Whatcha think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Damm, just missed it.

And I really wanted to watch it. :mad:

Is it on next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Yup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dang!

Missed it too!

Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I just watched it and I thought it was fantastic.

Far too short. We need 1 hour.

This is one phrase I blurted out whilst watching it

"Fvck, I drive on those roads" when watching the Donegal bit with the Northern speeder/drinker/boyracer/non insured guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It will be up on the RTE website soon enough.

I thought it was ok, similar to Road Wars in a way, they need to stop the cutting to the interviews during a chase, or patrol etc...

Takes away from the action, interview them on the street at the scene.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

P.C. wrote: »
    Damm, just missed it.

And I really wanted to watch it. :mad:

Is it on next week?

Will be on the RTE Player tomorrow id imagine.

Very interesting, should hopefully give public the insight into the dealings the AGS Traffic Core have daily. Plus the ignorance and stupidity of drivers not budging for them as they approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I will have a look on the interweb during the week.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

If somebody finds some coverage of this online could they throw up a link for the rest of us? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    If somebody finds some coverage of this online could they throw up a link for the rest of us? ;)

Think it will be tomorrow before its up on rte1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

MCMLXXV wrote: »

RTE Player Should be there tomorrow as stated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Not a bad program at all. Its a pity it didnt show the perps faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I forgot about it :( So I will be keeping an eye on the RTE player

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Found it quite unbelievable that the Guard in Donegal did not know the difference between smoke and steam. Good program all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

dublincelt wrote: »
    Found it quite unbelievable that the Guard in Donegal did not know the difference between smoke and steam. Good program all the same.

I found it unbelievable that he let the little fukker drive away considering he was 17 years old, a provisional license holder, driving unaccompanied and had been stopped a month earlier doing 138 in a 100 zone!!!

Advertisement