Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Medicine Building

Options
  • 26-05-2009 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0526/education.html

Any idea where its going to be built?
    Probably across the river?

Would this make UL the front runner for medicine in Ireland.
    Its a great boost to Limerick...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

slemons wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0526/education.html

Any idea where its going to be built?
    Probably across the river?

Would this make UL the front runner for medicine in Ireland.
    Its a great boost to Limerick...

It will be built on the North Campus, and only this morning we were wondering if the funding would be available for it....but anyhow, it's not likely to make UL a medicine frontrunner given that there are no plans for a CAO medicing undergrad course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

So postgrads for the time being only.

Here was me thinking that building site beside the health science building was the medical centre, what exactly is that going to be then?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Irish world academy of music and dance. The dancing building.

1huge1 wrote: »
    So postgrads for the time being only.

Here was me thinking that building site beside the health science building was the medical centre, what exactly is that going to be then?
    AFAIK the plan is to systematically close all other graduate schools apart from RCSI and to operate a graduate only school at UL.

Any plans for a CAO medicine course at UL are at least a decade off, and I don't think there's much will amongst the medicine faculty to push the idea either.

It suits them to have people who have already proven to be dilligent students only.

sceptre wrote: »
    The dancing building.

Next to the bouncy bridge:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    AFAIK the plan is to systematically close all other graduate schools apart from RCSI and to operate a graduate only school at UL.

Any plans for a CAO medicine course at UL are at least a decade off, and I don't think there's much will amongst the medicine faculty to push the idea either.

It suits them to have people who have already proven to be dilligent students only.
    Ah I see, Suprising all the other universities were ok with giving up thir postgrad places.

Dancing building eh, I see.
    I remember hearing that within 10 years they want the north campus to be as big as the south.

Ah I see, Suprising all the other universities were ok with giving up thir postgrad places.
    I don't think it was a matter of choice;)
    I remember hearing that withing 10 years they want the north campus to be as big as the south.
    Interesting, you do the same as me writing ing where you write "in".

Anyhow. Yes, it'll be a different place when you come back form ERASMUS and co-op. There'll be a postgrad accommodation block where the yellow house in front of Cappa is when you come back in September 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Anyhow. Yes, it'll be a different place when you come back form ERASMUS and co-op. There'll be a postgrad accommodation block where the yellow house in front of Cappa is when you come back in September 2010.

wow thats alot of investment is it just a block the same as cappa or will it be designed differently?

PeakOutput wrote: »
    wow thats alot of investment is it just a block the same as cappa or will it be designed differently?
    I think it's slightly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

When you say graduate schools do you mean the new Graduate Entry Programs, i.e. UCD, RCSI, UCC and UL?

• Advertisement

ImDave wrote: »
    When you say graduate schools do you mean the new Graduate Entry Programs, i.e. UCD, RCSI, UCC and UL?
    Yes. apart from RCSI.

I would like to clarify following something that was raised with me today that what I'm saying in this thread is based on a conversation I have had with a med student and nothing more.

Actually that was a typo :D

Advertisement