Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FÁS digital design, etc., courses

Options
  • 26-05-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm just finished college and I don't fancy the chances of getting a job, plus my degree (assuming I pass, touch wood) is rather weak (2.2), so I need to add some more strings to my bow, so to speak.

Anyways, I'm checking out a few FÁS courses, and several look pretty good!

The ones that took my fancy are:

Digital Design for Website Production
    Graphics for the Print Media
    Software Developer 1 (though this is obviously not relevant to this forum)

- Has anyone done one of these courses? Are they any good? Worth doing?
    - Are these the courses that you pay to do, or the ones that they pay you to do? I'm unfamiliar with the way FÁS works
    - Most request a portfolio of some sort to qualify for it. How 'advanced' would this have to be? I mean, I've done quite alot of photo manipulation and messing, but nothing that requires any significant talent or artistic prowess

Thanks for any thoughts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

What is the content of the course and the duration?

I did a FAS course in DTP about 9 years ago or something. It was a 6 month course and full time and I was also paid by FAS too.

Advertisement