Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pebbledash

Options
  • 26-05-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

have a Pebbledash house to paint but it is very dirty, will powerwashing and painting it the do the job or should i use some sort of sealer, antifungal? The walls were never painted before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Have you looked into evertex? Im going to get them to give them a quote on my house. Its 30 times thicker than paint, by their judgement

http://www.evertexcoatings.com/

*Im not an evertex employee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Guill wrote: »
    have a Pebbledash house to paint but it is very dirty, will powerwashing and painting it the do the job or should i use some sort of sealer, antifungal? The walls were never painted before.

Most of the outdoor masonary products contain anti fungus stuff - Sandtex type stuff - I recently re-painted mine with Woodies own brand & it worked out much cheaper & was great to apply.

Unpainted pebbledash is a pain to do first time - you either have to 'stibble' brush it in, or use a sprayer. Sprayer is quicker, but very messy - watch out for neighbours cars !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

the wall already has moss and stuff on it, would a power washer get it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Graaaaa

Andip wrote: »
    Most of the outdoor masonary products contain anti fungus stuff - Sandtex type stuff - I recently re-painted mine with Woodies own brand & it worked out much cheaper & was great to apply.

Unpainted pebbledash is a pain to do first time - you either have to 'stibble' brush it in, or use a sprayer. Sprayer is quicker, but very messy - watch out for neighbours cars !!

Did you use Woody's sprayer too? It's the only one in hardware shops that I could find, and I'm worried about starting the job and then the thing clogs? I'm also wondering if other 'sprayable' paints can be used with their sprayer as they all have different specs for pressure, particle size, consistency etc.
    I found a more delux one on handyhardware.ie but once again not sure if woody's isn't just as good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I ended up hiring a lad to spray the house, we were going to rent a sprayer but the guy who was leasing it wanted 100E for the DAY! we asked a local painter and he said if we cover over the windows he will do it for us for 150E! we will have to do all the sills ourselves but this way makes more sense. Not sure about those woodies sprayers, but i do know that you cannot use gritted paint with them as the sand in the paint wears out the tp of the gun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement