Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Missfiring problem

Options
  • 26-05-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Right, i got a dboys M4A1 and it's now missfiring ALOT. Every 10 shots it takes, 1 or 2 bb's comes out. It's not the mags, as i tried 9 different ones. It's not the bb's as i use Q-bullet and i've never had any problems with them before. I was told that it would have to be the hop-up then, any ideas anyone?

Here is some pics of the hop-up unit, maybe you guys can see something wrong with it.

Additional photos at: http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww331/Rrob2593/

And yes, i have tried it without hop-up on/off

(Sorry for bad camera, it's my phone)

Rob

Hhhopup.jpg

H.jpg

Hopu.jpg

Hopup.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The external of the hop chamber won't be the cause, it'll be the hop rubber, it could be seated wrong or worn out.

Even if it isn't sticking a new one in will be of benefit anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Rob, I've noticed that different batches of Q-Bullet BBs can give different results - Any chance you were using them without problems, then got another bag or bottle and started to have problems ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

Nah, they were always the same, 6mm .20g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Rob2593 wrote: »
    Nah, they were always the same, 6mm .20g

From the same bottle ?

I cant remember :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats very likely your problem. Q-Bullet are low end crap BBs. I had problems with a batch of them and the Green blaster "camo Ammo" mixed together. then got a mag from Hivemind and it fired perfectly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Masada wrote: »
    Green blaster "camo Ammo"

I HATE THEM! :mad:
    I have a bottle and every gun I use them in gets screwed up. (Obviously I stopped using them rather quickly).

damn...they were so cheaaaaap!!

blaster it is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

well as they say, "buy cheap, buy twice"

I think i could of been useing "raptor" bb's, any1 had problems with these ever?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

are they te ASG ones? they'e been discribed as "rugby ball" shaped and in a single bag i have seen loads of mis shaped ones.

nah mate, there Raptor, it dont say who its made by but it has the banned retailers website at the bottom

Advertisement