Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VGL to Cat

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

cat finally gets hand to ship QTo, called by A4o
    90k pot to get right back in it.

T high flop, A4 makes a str8 on the river
    OUT 6th :(

pretty unlucky today, no cards and not much went her way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

UL on not going any further Cat :( You were soooo card dead.

But well done on your achievement of getting to the final!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

vwp - great experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

wp, how much did you get?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ul Cat.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Cat seems to be playing very tight - folded AJ pf there.

hi Chris, Cecillia raised utg and i was utg+1 with the AJ, she hadnt been opening that much to that point, the whole table was to act after me and it was still 6 handed, i know the blinds were also getting big so it was a close one, but i decided to let it go.

flushje wrote: »
    wp, how much did you get?

Not quite the 50k I was hoping for (and apparently the bracelet that goes with it was worth as much again), but 5k for 6th covers the buy in and expenses on the trip.
    The experience was good and it should make interesting viewing when it comes out on tv in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Well done Cat unlucky thou. One quick question, why is Rob using your screename and not his own? :)

cause hes too lazy to log out and back in as himself, and it auto logs cat in on this (her) pc......(rob here by the way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Well done but also unlucky as you didn't get much in the way of cards today.

Turning point could have been the 66 fold. Stack/blind sizes probably dictated a fold here but there's no worse feeling in poker to see a small pair folded hit a set on the flop & then for all hell to break loose and to see a potential triple up lost.

Nice cash & i'm sure the experience will hold you in good stead.

WP

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

cause hes too lazy to log out and back in as himself, and it auto logs cat in on this (her) pc......(rob here by the way)

Wow that is lazy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

I had 5% of the action. In theory small profit, but that would be ridiculous considering the situation. Told Rob to bring Cat out for nice dinner with the ton. GG Bon Ap.
    The Nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭tensevensuited

hard luck cat,u done well and hope the experience stands u in good stead for the future.;););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Good showing Cat. WP

Thanks again to everyone for their support, both on Boards and the Matchroom forum.

The main problem with the Matchroom posts was that they never detailed everyone's position when detailing what they were dealt.

The 66 hand was sick alright, Jen was short, she was UTG, and whilst I'm fully aware of how capable of making moves she is, I knew that raise was never a move. I was playing about 65k at the time, Jen makes it 10k to go. Calling is not an option to me, we're playing 6 handed, I'm on the button but the BB (Kim) had been extremely active, she was also quite short and I would certainly have preferred to have not had her to act behind me.

So I had a decision to make, do I ship it and take my chances knowing I'm racing at best or do I fold and wait for a better spot? Well rightly or wrongly I decided to wait. Well as predicted Kim called and unfortunately we got to see a flop. Sure didn't I know at that point that the 6 would have to hit, ouch!

Nothing really went right for me after that. Perhaps I was too aggressive with hands or maybe not even aggressive enough, but my strategy going in was to play relatively tentative early on and play as aggressive as I felt I would be able to get away when the blinds started to go up.

I did start to get busy, forced into raising light when the opportunity arose but raises got snapped off more than they got through. I was pretty card dead, which was sick given the structure and when my late position shoves with 62 and K2 were called I knew that people's calling range was widening!

That said I couldn't let QT pass when on the button next time around and it's folded round to me. Kim calls with A4, happy enough with that, at least I was live and I needed a double up to survive the structure. So I hit the T on the flop, nice one, although I wasn't prepared to feel any relief just yet, I was half expecting to see an A soon enough. Well my gut was right in that the T wouldn't be enough, but not for the A hitting, for the runner runner gutshot straight with the 4! Even though I got it in behind, that was a sick river for me alright.

So the dream was over, well for this time around anyway, close but not close enough in my own opinion.

I gained the experience, (I think) I gave a good account of myself and held my own in a well respected international field. A huge positive I took out of it was winning my heat and beating the reigning champ HU even though I was fairly out-chipped when we got heads up! Soraya Homan has a great record in this event, I've been reliably informed that she has never finishing out of the top 2 in any of her heats.

I would recommend playing these to anyone that gets the opportunity, great experience and there is value there. The one downside is the crappy structure, especially for a $3k buy-in. I guess there's always next year . . . well maybe!

Advertisement