Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google ranking lost?

Options
  • 26-05-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can help, I run a family based business website. I had it hosted on letshost, seemingly it got attacked with a dos attack and went down, I contacted them and they reactivated it. then they redirected it to some other domain.

Its wias down maybe for a week.

I have lost my google ranking in the search results.... anyone know how long it will take to come back up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Whats the site address? Is there anything unusual showing in place where it used to rank? Its impossible to second guess Google so it may come back quickly or never depending on what has happened. Have you a Google a/c-if so go to Webmaster Tools and File a reinclusion request IF you dont see the site say in another week or two. No guarantees with this however but may be worth a crack. Let us see the domain first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Well a link would be handy OP. If your sure the site is back to normal then you can go to your Google webmasters site and
    Request reconsideration

Explain to them what happened the site and hopefully you will get your rankings back. Might take a while.

Edit: Im blind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

I've seen all kinds of turnaround times from 12 hours to 3 months.

If your site dropped because of the re-direct, then it may pop backup shortly after it's re-indexed, as it probably had the required Relevance/Authority anyway.

You may want to consider some corrective SEO if it doesn't.

You can test to see if all of the pages have been re-indexed by searching for "site:yourdomain.ie"

let us know how you get on

Advertisement