Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit Holiday

• 26-05-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Do you know if there is some sort of a rabbit "kennel" where my rabbit could stay while I am on holidays? Usually, my partners parents look after my bundle of joy while we are away, but this year it might not be possible as they are not around either. I am going away for 2 weeks and I want my bun to get proper care and loads of attention in that time.:D Any ideas is there any place around Cork area which does such a service?Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

I have never heard of anyone who would look after rabbits but im guessing someone with a cattery would look after you lil bundle of joy :) cant possibly be any hassel for them, less hassel than a cat...

mite be worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

You could try finding someone who keeps Rabbits who wouldn't mind minding them while your away and you could return the favour then?

Thats what a friend of mine does. (from Germany though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

A member here, animalcrazy, does boarding for rabbits.... She's in Co. Clare, just an hour from Cork.
    Here's her homepage: http://www.clarepetsitting.webs.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 icyunogi

Im moving abroad so looking for long term boarding (as in until I find someone to adopt my rabbit), hes a black male 2 year old rabbit, could you give me your details so I can find out more about your boarding? and if you have any other advice!!

thanks, id really appreciate it,

Jenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

A member here, animalcrazy, does boarding for rabbits.... She's in Co. Clare, just an hour from Cork.
    Here's her homepage: http://www.clarepetsitting.webs.com

Thanks ;)

I do actually have people come from Cork with animals, not many people actually petsit small animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

Highly recommend 'groom' as a place to leave your rabbit if going on hols- even got a text message update that all was well!!!Great Service.D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

minder2009 wrote: »
    Highly recommend 'groom' as a place to leave your rabbit if going on hols- even got a text message update that all was well!!!Great Service.D.

I think it's great that you came back to say this. Fair play. It's lovely to get good service isn't it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

@icyunogi Just be sure to visit and check out anywhere you are boarding your rabbit, if you want your rabbit rehomed but will be abroad how will you homecheck the new home? There are some rescues that take in rabbits and as a gesture you could donate any money you were going to spend on boarding to the rescue instead. Limerick animal welfare take in rabbits.
    DSPCA does but they put rabbits to sleep if they have no space for them.

If boarding rabbit needs to be vaxd against VHD and Myxomatosis.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I use these
    http://www.caravetgroup.com/
    They are very good. No affiliation , just a happy customer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement