Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows your ring

Options
  • 26-05-2009 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Time to get a log going again,had one last year but cant find it.

I started training about a year ago using starting strength and made some good progress,this time last year i was around 93kg,about two months ago i was 82kg (had to weigh myself for a medical,never bother with the scales usually)I cleaned up the diet big time and got some running in too.

Lately ive decided to try out the rings,so i ordered them from irish lifting and got to work last night.

this week might be a bit all over the place as i get used to them but i hope from next week ill have a bit more structure.Ill also keep doing work with weights,bench pulls,squats and deadlifts.

my goals are to gain some muscle while lowering body fat and am aiming to do a planche,front lever and back lever,these however will have to be done in baby steps e.g frogstand,front lever tuck.

mon 25 may All done on the rings
    4*10 pushups
    4*10 bodyrows
    4*10 flys
    4*2 inverted pull ups
    4*1 dips
    4*8 pull ups underhand grip
    4*4 chinups overhand grips

4*8 bw+10kg dip bar

body is sore today,my abs are really feeling it as are my lats and chest so its all good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭rottweiler

tue 26 may

training for planche
    starting with the frogstand as its the first movement of progression,i thought it would be easy,how wrong was i.
    couldnt even get my feet off the ground and balanced so ill just have to keep tryin while doing planche pushups on the rings.

training for front lever tuck
    6*10 sec holds
    delighted i was able to do this,tried putting one of my legs out to see could i do the advanced tuck but the core isnt ready for it yet so ill just have to keep the practise up

Wed 27 may

squat
    40 kg*10
    50kg*10
    60kg*10
    70kg*8
    80kg*6
    80kg*5

bench
    50kg*10
    60kg*10
    70kg*10
    80kg*6
    80kg*7
    80kg*5

bent over row
    40kg*10
    50kg*10
    60kg*8
    65kg*6
    65kg*7
    65kg*5

rings
    1*10 normal push ups
    2*10 wide grip push ups
    2*10 planche push ups
    4*8 body rows
    4*3 inverted row
    5*5 pull ups
    5*5 chin ups
    3*2 dips
    2*1 dips

good session all round wish i could of done more on the rings but it was raining and i was wet enough,roll on DOMS

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rottweiler wrote: »
    i could of done more on the rings but it was raining and i was wet enough
    Are your rings outside so? I would not leave them out if they are since the buckles will probably rust.

Dunno if you saw me post this before, but you could put some wood across the hole in your attic, if you have one, and is in the right location. Like this.
    DSC00517.jpg

yeah have a frame outside i take the rings down when im finished using em and bring em inside.

thur 28 may

frogstand
    managed to hold the position for about 3 secs,fell forward a lot and back trying to keep the balance.
    did 15 successful sets of 3 sec holds,was pumping sweat from it.

front lever tuck
    6*10 sec holds,was tough enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement