Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant study

Options
  • 26-05-2009 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

well i can but i lose concentration very easily.i really need to do well as i go 280 in my mocks and i need about 450.my problem is that i can study for about an hour or 2 but then i get extremely bored of it,lose concentration and dont study for the rest of the day.

please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

well i can but i lose concentration very easily.i really need to do well as i go 280 in my mocks and i need about 450.my problem is that i can study for about an hour or 2 but then i get extremely bored of it,lose concentration and dont study for the rest of the day.

please help

Losing concentration happens to most so you are not alone there. Therefore you have to study in phases throughout the day with short breaks in between. I'd advise a good nights sleep, bit of breakfast and go for a small walk (great for getting the energy levels up) first. While walking decide/plan your study for the day in your head. Do 2 hours on one subject and take a break. A cup of tea, half an hours tv or a walk. Come back and get into it again but perhaps hit another subject. If you vary your study it's less tedious than sticking to one subject for the day which is a right pain. Take an hour or two even for lunch and then try to get in two more sessions (with a break in between) before taking another couple hours off for dinner/tv in the early evening. Finish off your evening by doing a couple more hours, perhaps revising everything you have studied that day. Advisable to do the subjects you like least in the morning and follow up with those subjects you are better in. Many people (myself included) revise notes in bed first thing in the morning and last thing at night (supposedly sticks in your subconscious then when you're snoozing).

This may or may not help but you have to remember one thing. You can study, everyone can but it's easy to say 'I cant' or I'm distracted etc. This is a lame excuse although a common one. Even if you have so much to study in a little bit of time, EVERY EVERY EVERY EVERY EVERY hour helps. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mn-wergamers

I for one is too busy bringing Yeovil to the Premier League :)

Yes I know... I'm f*cked...

EDIT :- Seriously.. Help... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I for one is too busy bringing Yeovil to the Premier League :)

Yes I know... I'm f*cked...

EDIT :- Seriously.. Help... :)

Yeovil till I die:D

I'm seriously struggling with English. Can't study it as I find it too boring, pretty ok wit everything else tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I can't study at all at home, so I always go to the library, and it's good because most of the local libraries are only open about 6 hours a day, which is about all I can do, and they close for lunch, so it gives you a set time for studying a day. You should try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

:DYay!! sorry I know its not good, but I'm the same(can't study and need to make a BIG jump in points) and knowing I'm not the only one helps.:)

I think that scare tatics work, when you take a break don't start doing something, just kinda walk about a bit and imagine having to repeat, you'll guilt your self into going back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

yes i am having the same problem i study for an hour or so but then something distracts me and i find it so hard to go back to studying especially when what i have to study is geography

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Yeovil till I die:D

I'm seriously struggling with English. Can't study it as I find it too boring, pretty ok wit everything else tho.

Can't study english for my life.
    Maths, i just get impatient and throw the book at the window.
    History, zzzzzzzz
    Geog, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Irish, Cé?
    Spanish, Qúe?
    Accounting, OL, Know everything...

Best thing to do for english is run over past papers... Actually the best thing to do is run over past papers.. But I just need help on how to keep concentrated on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TheKnowledge

I'm going to give you all some advice. You will always be incapable of studying because you're no scared yet. Wait until its two days before the exam. Thats when you'll study! I've tried to study constantly through my education but always left it until the last minute. I did well none the less. Basically some people enjoy studying and others are crammers! You my friends are crammers, and you will be for the rest of your lives. Right before every exam you'll say to yourself "i'm never leaving it so late to study again" but you always will! Just prepare yourselves for a few terrifying night befores!

I'm going to give you all some advice. You will always be incapable of studying because you're no scared yet. Wait until its two days before the exam. Thats when you'll study! I've tried to study constantly through my education but always left it until the last minute. I did well none the less. Basically some people enjoy studying and others are crammers! You my friends are crammers, and you will be for the rest of your lives. Right before every exam you'll say to yourself "i'm never leaving it so late to study again" but you always will! Just prepare yourselves for a few terrifying night befores!

Yes we noticed...

Thanks for the advice none the less, but its how to keep concentration were looking at here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TheKnowledge

Yes we noticed...

Thanks for the advice none the less, but its how to keep concentration were looking at here!!!

Drink lots of ice cold water! it'll keep you awake. Take the odd shower aswell to freshin yourself up. dont eat sweets, you'll fall asleep after a couple of hours when you crash from the sugar. eat bananas, they're good. dont drink Red Bull, it'll panick you before an exam, and drinking it studying is just as bad as eating sweets.

• Advertisement

Drink lots of ice cold water! it'll keep you awake. Take the odd shower aswell to freshin yourself up. dont eat sweets, you'll fall asleep after a couple of hours when you crash from the sugar. eat bananas, they're good. dont drink Red Bull, it'll panick you before an exam, and drinking it studying is just as bad as eating sweets.

I'm taking your advice and by god if it doesn't work i'm taking my thanks back of you...

No seriously i'm going to take your advice. Thanks a mill... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

please help

Library, it's a lifesaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

thats creepy this fella knows me lol hes excactly rite i always say it never leaving it until the last minute again but i always do but maybe not 2 days before the xam its starting to get to me now

Advertisement