Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area 54

Options
  • 26-05-2009 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

I was in town today and saw that Area 54 has opened up in the Quayside. Delighted that they have moved from Carrick as it is a great clothes shop. Thankfully another place to buy quality menswear apart from Aware and EJs.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Are they as expensive as EJs? If so, I probably won't be in there any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

It wouldn't be as dear but it would still be considered expensive in comparison to shops like Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Was in there yday. Thought it was mad expensive meself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Bought a suit in there of Willy ask for him and say you saw the thread here and maybe he will discount something. hes a nice guy but have no connection to him other than I know him to say hello to. Kudos to him to try the shop in Sligo, brave move in these times so hope it works out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

CSC wrote: »
    another place to buy quality menswear apart from Aware and EJs.

EJ's suit department is pretty good, but there's not one shop in town that has any stylish casual wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Went into it today and it's fairly expensive. I definately wouldn't consider it cheap.
    Its very similar to Addams Menswear in terms of prices and stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thread disappoints. I was expecting aliens. :mad:

EJ's suit department is pretty good, but there's not one shop in town that has any stylish casual wear.

It depends your idea of what stylish is. There are very few shops in the country that have as good selection as EJs in my opinion.

fmcc wrote: »
    Bought a suit in there of Willy ask for him and say you saw the thread here and maybe he will discount something. hes a nice guy but have no connection to him other than I know him to say hello to. Kudos to him to try the shop in Sligo, brave move in these times so hope it works out for him.

He runs the shop and was always pretty good for giving discounts in the shop in Carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Hi Guys,

Is this shop still in business? will be in Sligo this weekend and always found it good in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hi Guys,

Is this shop still in business? will be in Sligo this weekend and always found it good in the past.

No it shut down quite some time ago.

Advertisement