Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G3 SG1

Options
  • 26-05-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭

Im a total noob to Airsoft. Its somthing I really want to get into and recently 2 of my mates decided to jump into to it with me.

One friend has a JG BAR-10 and the other has some sort of Shotgun from <banned retailer>

I myself am looking to buy a G3 SG1 but I cannot figer out which type to buy. Im googling it and all I get are mutliple names thrown at me, Classic Army, Jing Gong etc etc and its all really confusing.

Can someone recommend a strong, accurate G3 SG1 and where to buy it from. So far it seems only www.crw-airsoft.com in Hong Kong sell it and ship to Ireland.

*Please note that Im only 16 (17 next week :D) so I dont have alot of cash to spend on this. Im looking between 100-150 euro.

Cheers,
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

mate of mine picked his up from Eirsoft.ie. If I remember correctly it took ages to arrive for some reason. Not to sure if they still have them as they are not on the site now, check out the Eirsoft thread or ask Shiva.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Yeah, I see it there: http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_reviews.php?products_id=223

But its the brand names etc that confuses me. Is TM good and worth it? I mean 250 euro is alot considering I have 100-150 to spend :S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Eirsoft.ie had a JG one, thats the brand my mate bought, he seems pleased with it and it was quite a bit cheaper than that! think it came in about the 170 mark. PM shiva and ask him, actually if you find out let me know, I might want one myself!!! :)

I sent a PM. I still would like some more info on the different brand types and what I should be looking out for in an airsoft gun

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I currently own 2 G3s

A TM one and a JG one.

If you really want a G3 I'd go for the JG one

Externally it looks a lot nicer than the TM one
    And if there are any internal problems replacing them will still cost less than buying the TM one.

Do bear in mind the length of the G3 it can be very hard to shoulder if your a small guy.

• Advertisement

Im fairly tall so it shouldn't be a problem.

Where di you get your JG one and for what price? I found one here http://www.actionhobbys.co.uk/JG-G3-SG-1-T3-K1_AJ2YC.aspx for 140 euro inc. shipping

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I bought it second hand from the adverts section here.

I would advise against buying it from overseas as there can be many hidden costs involved, import taxes/customs charges and delivery.

Several of the Irish retailers have them for sale and you can buy safe in the knowledge that it will be under 1 joule and should you have any problems you can get it repaired locally.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Im fairly tall so it shouldn't be a problem.

Where di you get your JG one and for what price? I found one here http://www.actionhobbys.co.uk/JG-G3-SG-1-T3-K1_AJ2YC.aspx for 140 euro inc. shipping

The one have linked to there is over the 1 joule limit so you would have to get it downgraded before they ship it to you.
    And should there be any problems you would have to send it back to the UK to be repaired

The Master wrote: »
    I bought it second hand from the adverts section here.

I would advise against buying it from overseas as there can be many hidden costs involved, import taxes/customs charges and delivery.

Several of the Irish retailers have them for sale and you can buy safe in the knowledge that it will be under 1 joule and should you have any problems you can get it repaired locally.
    What retailers? Its all new to me so I dont know any

• Advertisement

Cool, Nice one. Anywhere in Ireland sell the SG1 though? Its what I have my mind set on, dont know why.. I just like it more over the others.

But I'll need to buy it somewhere here in Ireland?

Contact one of the retailers I linked you to.

They might be able to order it in for you

Ok, I'll give that a shot then and I'll reply to this thread if Im still searching. Thanks for all the help :)

We AIM to please:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

I've dealt with Action Hobbys loads of times but only in the UK. Always found them great to deal withNever imported into Ireland from them. Give them a call and make enquries, theres a few UK retailers wont ship to Ireland anyway...

Nice to know, I'll give them a ring then and see about making the gun one joule unless I can get an irish retailer selling it first

I contacted eirsoft and they said that the gun has an "abnormal fail rate". Can anyone confirm this? They would order it in but with no warrinty or anything.

That UK website will downgrade my gun for an extra £20 (About 29 euro) so maybe I'll go with them, Totals at 169 euro roughly

Advertisement