Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Faction..Yay or Nay

• 26-05-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

So as it stands theres a single and multiplayer demo out..Single player i thought was a bit meh but i suppose i didnt play it enough before i deleted it..On the otherhand im loving multiplayer..i love throwing grenades down and the thing such as jetpacks that you put on your shoulder are unreal.What does everyone else think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I really like both.. deffo going to pick this up!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I'm liking both aswell. I think that the SP demo was just a bit too short to show anything other than the Geomod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Played the SP demo but not the MP one. Liked it quite a lot, though I loves open-world smashy-ness like Mercenaries or Saints Row. This and Prototype are my next two big purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thought the demo was pants so wont chance the full game.

-rubbish ai
    -slowdown
    -didn't like the cover system
    -outdated graphics with lots of clipping and poor anti aliasing
    -vsync turned off, so lots of screen tearing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Ive a back ground in engineering so i love trying to destroy buildings by placing the explosives in the buildings weekspots see if it reacts properly !! Nerdy i know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

SP Demo = yea ill get it, may aswell

MP Demo = hurry up and gimme the game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I'll definitely be picking this up... really enjoyed the SP Demo, havent played the MP one yet tho.

Getting very good reviews so far, 4 on metacritic - 92,90,90 and 80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

Am torn between Red Faction and Terminator Salvation?

Anyone played both have a recommendation?

I am more leaning towards Red Faction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

branners69 wrote: »
    Am torn between Red Faction and Terminator Salvation?

Anyone played both have a recommendation?

I am more leaning towards Red Faction!

Red Faction is miles better! + I finished Terminator in 3 hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

...I finished Terminator in 3 hours!

I heard it was short with lots of loading, but 3 hours is a bit crazy considering the price!

Red Faction it is so, cheers!

• Advertisement

Dont let the demo put you off Red faction is great fun.

Its like GTA4 but set on mars and good !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

branners69 wrote: »
    I heard it was short with lots of loading, but 3 hours is a bit crazy considering the price!

That was on hard too.... and there's quite a few other annoyances! Red Faction probably has 100 times more play in it when you factor in the multiplayer too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Im actually not looking forward to the campaign.Iv heard its meant to be very long.Although i like getting a bang out of my buck,i do not however like VERY long campaigns.Never liked gta when it was like this.I like campaigns that are around 10hours.more or less than that is not good in my opinion.Well with the exception of a few anyway.Im divided between this and bionic commando.Multiplayer is bc seems fun with swinging but may lack the depth the multiplayer in rf has.What would ye choose and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yay yay yay yay

yay

yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I like being able to blow up anything and everything in a game RF does exactly that.
    And for all of you who are bitching about the graphics you gotta appreciate the amount of computing power it takes to be able to blow everything up and for it to look realisitic.

However I havent been able to decide of RF and UFC Undisputed

ufc would become repetitive afterawhile(or at least from the demo anyway).In terms of longevity rf all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I've heard from a mate who has the full game of UFC, that it is good, but it does get repetative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

tried the single player demo just last night.

its bloody unforgiving...mostly because I didnt click it was a free roaming gta style game and assumed it played like GOW with smashy smashy. So it took me 5 or 6 attempts until I clicked I was setting of some sort of alarm and noticed the little red light in the corner.

Aside from the difficulty I liked the sledgehammer, best melee weapon since the crowbar, very satisfying. The destructable is double edged though.

on one side smashing through walls and blowing up bridges, works great , makes perfect sense and adds a great element to the gameplay, but sometimes because every weapon is so volitile all the buildings feel like a deck of cards because they come down so easily. Its not even them coming down, its the fact that when you have the walker, you dont even slow down as you plough through them. Maybe if the rubble was more heavy and forced you to back out after ramming a building and had some weight to it, might feel better.

Though I am clearly tempted and would like to sledgehammer people online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just bought this from Asda in the UK for just under €40, getting good reviews and its been a while since my last 360 purchase. Looking forward to creating some leaning towers.

Our review if anyone is interested i couldnt post it untill after the embargo was lifted.

its a very good game it got 92% from us anyway.

http://bone-idle.ie/page8.aspx

• Advertisement

Our review if anyone is interested i couldnt post it untill after the embargo was lifted.

its a very good game it got 92% from us anyway.

http://bone-idle.ie/page8.aspx

Are you an irish site,i wouldnt have given in 92 though.It seems more like a b game to cover the summer than a triple A title.I bought it,now just waiting for it from China :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Bring back red faction as an fps again i say....I loved the original(still have it somewhere around the house) but i didnt have much love for the second or this one....

I say get the developers back to working on the next Freespace rather then red faction :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Nay from me, didn't like the single or multiplayer demos.

Not my type of game, might pick it up second hand to give the campaign a proper go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

been playing this for a few days, its more a good game than a bad one i'd say.

Fun smashing things etc, but there is little variety in the gameplay and can see it turning into a grind to finish. I wont say i'm board with it yet but maybe i will be when i go back to it later.

The odd's are really stacked against you as far as i've been able to get in the game , 3rd area. Limited ammo supply's and swarms of enemy , no auto aim that it saw, if you run out of explosives you need to break out the hammer to destroy stuff, and gets a bit frantic running in , smashy , smashy and running back out to let the health regenerate.

Best way i could but this is .... a B-grade saints row, meet's a B-grade mass effect without it's rpg side.

6/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Decent enough. Only about an hour in, but it's like a good version of Mercenaries 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I say get the developers back to working on the next Freespace rather then red faction :D

I don't need to hear anymore! I was toying with playing through Freespace 1&2 again and I take your post as a sign:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sounds like all this game is missing is zombies!!

Was going to pick it up today but saw the Bourne game for €11 in HMV so I bought that instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Its a great game, I love it! I played it for PS3, but I haven't played it for my 360 yet! hem hem [Signature] hem

• Advertisement

dont make me mod slap you :D

Advertisement