Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCO Europe

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

P Brown will not be calling. It is just a scare tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Report 3 to the Gardai for harassment and possible harassment with menace if the goon actually has the nuts to turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stanbowles57

got a card today saying he/ she is coming. dont owe a penny to 3 some system of accounting they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PCarl

Yeah I had the same message.... Be here tuesday between 8am and 8pm... no date on it..... Like are they for real or something.... Do they honestly think i`m going to sit in the house for 12 hours just so i can answer the door and tell him to go **** himself..... Best thing about it is i`m not even in debt.... Just throw it in the fire where it belongs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PCarl

slimjimmc wrote: »
    While you may have been mis-sold a service, it's next to impossible to prove what the sales person said unless you have documentary evidence or witnesses. I presume you signed a contract; does it mention any trial or change-of-mind period or does it refer you to their T&Cs available elsewhere. Usually a contract states that you agree to abide by the T&Cs so it's your responsibility to ask for a copy and read them before signing.

Now you've found yourself outside their 14-day get-out period and bound to the contract. The fact is Three are providing the service which you agreed to pay for. It doesn't matter whether or not you actually used the service, that's up to you but the facility is/was provided.

Another thing against you is that you appear not to have formally terminated the contract using the procedure outlined in their T&Cs therefore as far as they're concerned the contract stands. Cancelling the DD doesn't get you out of the contract or the debt, you must follow the formal procedure and pay what's owed to Three. You don't mention if you've formally cancelled since then so I suggest you do that asap and pay the termination fee and arrears.
    Forget NCO Europe, your contract and debt is with Three, but don't let it escalate.
    Sorry now but you`re full of ****e.... How can you be expected to pay for a service you didn`t get.... Leave it go to court and explain to the judge what happened... That`s just one of the things wrong with this country, people are being told they`ve no rights when it comes to this sort of crap and that there are contracts.... Well thats just bull ****.... chances are that there worthless threats anyway, i`m after calling skys bluff, aibs bluff, 3`s bluff, and am currently fighting with tsb over van finance for not telling me about the half-rule.... so i`m going to win that too.... All these companies are supposed to look after their clients not trick them with contracts that noone understands..... My advice is **** em..... They don`t care about you.....

• Advertisement

PCarl wrote: »
    Yeah I had the same message.... Be here tuesday between 8am and 8pm... no date on it..... Like are they for real or something.... Do they honestly think i`m going to sit in the house for 12 hours just so i can answer the door and tell him to go **** himself..... Best thing about it is i`m not even in debt.... Just throw it in the fire where it belongs...
    No one will be calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

Being in the same circumstances as most of the people concerned about these gangsters:mad:, I'd like to share what i'm planning on doing so as to ease some of the stress some people dealing with them seam to be having;)
    First of all, they're not gonna come knocking, thrust me.
    Secondly, i'm not a solicitor but i know most of my rights and fortunately some of the tactics dept collector use. and if anyone else has some active input on dealing with these MOFOs, please share it

The first thing to do ASAP is ring them and cancel your account, to avoid the price escalating to over a grand from unpaid monthly bills and interest(if it comes to over a grand over time then they may have grounds for taking you to court, if that's the case they'll have a dept collector try catch you out by admitting who you are when simply answering you door or gettin into your car, then they'll issue you a court summons or at least know where your living to continue harassment):rolleyes:

Anyway, assuming you've already canceled the direct debit at your bank, ring them and politely tell them you'd like to give them a change of address, confirm the security questions etc and act surprised if they mention that you have an outstanding bill with them(you're not very likely to end up speaking to a particular customer services rep that you might have lost your temper with last time you rang:o), then tell them you didn't know about the outstanding bill and that you havn't got a credit card or laser card but that you'll forward the money on, get the postal order or bank details(pretending to write them down):D, then say, well thanks for all your help achmed or whatever they said their name was, then when they ask if there's anything else they can "help" you with, tell them that you want to cancel your account because you're not using it anymore, tell them you've moved to somewhere like australia and give them an address or PO box they won't find you at, use a friend's if they don't mind you using theirs, or even better, an address or PO box in australia(again of a friend who doesn't mind), that way the only thing that will rise is the interest, by when it rises to a grand, we'll be out out of recession and by the way they operate, they'll be well bankrupt!:D in the meantime they'll be posting the Mr Brown postcards there and have no more right to come knockin on YOUR door than a door to door salesman, if they do have the neck to come knocking at your original address saying "escuse me are you Mr J**n S***h" just say "who are you? and what's your business" and if they seem shifty then just discreetly say "NO THANKS"(AND CLOSE THE DOOR), if they don't leave your premises, tell them they're trespassing on private property and you're ringing the gards and if this happens more than twice, have someone living with you ring the gards to tell them you're being harassed by some stranger asking for someone who doesn't live there.
    See, there's light at the end of the tunnel;), in most cases, threatening them by ringing the gards will send them on their way, if it ever does come to a third knock which is very unlikely, have whoevers gonna ring the gards for ya open a window to inform them they've been rang and are on their way over the trespassing and harassment.

I just want to put a message across to three.ie on behalf of us if they're reading...
    <SNIP>

hope this helps, give us some thanks if it does;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cooostanza

I've also received several phone calls from both 3 and NCO looking for money which i dont owe,I received a call from a 3 rep. telling me that as i had been a loyal customer for so long they were going to give me the last 2 months of my contract for free. What they actually did was sign me up for an additional 10 months without telling me and when I complained about this they said they had a recording of the phone call.

I wrote asking for a copy of this phonecall and they then stated that they in fact had no recording. I cancelled my 3 account in writing and over the phone and they refused to accept it and continued to take money until I cancelled the direct debit, 3 then started ringing me up to 10 times a day off various different English numbers looking for over €100.

Recently NCO have been sending me letters and ringing me looking for €56 and threathening to take legal action if I don't pay. There is no way I am going to pay them.

Bottom line: 3 are <SNIP> and I advise everybody to avoid them at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pablo1eye

hmmm just got my postcard today and im gonna use it for roche material so thank you P Brown whoever you are.

He doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dashwood

I received one of these NCO postcards today addressed to my ex flat mate who moved out in May. After reading this thread I realised it must be for the 6 or so letters from 3 that she received in the post which I didn't forward on to her. She has left Ireland to return to her home country and while I did forward her post the first couple of months, I got tired of all the junk mail from mail order catalogues addressed to her so just let it all build up. Should I ring the number on the card and tell them she's left the country? Should I send all the letters back to 3 marked 'not at this address return to sender'? Should I email her and tell her to cancel her account? I'm not sure she would be bothered to pay the bill or cancel her contact. I emailed her a few months ago to get her bank account details as after the final bills came in I owed her some money, still have not got a reply from her!
    Any suggestions on what I should do if anything at all?

I wouldn't waste a second of my time on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cam76

hi guys, I got one of those postcards today, no date on it, just telling me that P Brown will be contacting me on Wednesday!!! It arrived at my parent's house, where I used to live. I know you are all saying he won't visit but am worried my poor mother will get a burly visitor!!! Think maybe I should contact 3 again but oh my god they are a nightmare to deal with

Don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LoopieLou

I just got a postcard through the letterbox...couldn't believe it. I don't owe anything to 3 Mobile. I cancelled my account with 3 months ago over the phone and in writing. I tried calling 01-6077133 and the mail box is conveniently full!! The last thing I want is some idiot arriving out to the house. Any advice??. 3 should be boycotted in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

My advice is ignore it, no one will call to your house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

LoopieLou wrote: »
    I just got a postcard through the letterbox...couldn't believe it. I don't owe anything to 3 Mobile. I cancelled my account with 3 months ago over the phone and in writing. I tried calling 01-6077133 and the mail box is conveniently full!! The last thing I want is some idiot arriving out to the house. Any advice??. 3 should be boycotted in Ireland.
    Wasn't a Mr. P. Browne on the postcard by any chance? :)

Advertisement