Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egg Yolks

• 26-05-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

I remember recently there was a thread about how egg yolks were grand as dietary cholesterol was not related to blood cholesterol or something like that.

Should the number of egg yolks eaten daily still be limited because they contain a lot of saturated fat or is this rubbish?

Also egg whites are basically just protein yeah? There isn't any harm in eating loads of egg whites is there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

2 whole eggs a day is fine and you can eat as many egg whites as you like but why waste the yolks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

I don't waste them, just if I was eating alot of eggs I mean. Yesterday for example I had two whole eggs boiled for breakfast and later I had scrambled egg with 1 whole and two whites.

I threw away two out of five yolks. Should I have just eaten all of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

dioltas wrote: »

I threw away two out of five yolks. Should I have just eaten all of them?

It's your choice but I wouldn't eat more than 2 whole eggs a day myself. Everything in moderation is the key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I would just eat them. You are not likely to be eating five eggs a day every day. The odd day is fine.

Even the tv experts now agree that egg yolks are healthy, they are full of "smart fats", nice way of getting out of admitting that saturated fats have health benefits.

Advertisement