Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy one laptop, get one free(in three years time)

• 26-05-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure how many of you have seen this offer, or even when the masses will consider it a bargain, but Laptops Direct are running a promotion where if you buy a new laptop with a three year extended warranty, they will replace your laptop with a new one of equal or lesser value in three years time.

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/buy_one_get_one_free/page.asp?tref=BOGOF

Now this may be a bargain, but with similar promotions I've heard of a few angles being played by the company to avoid giving you the new laptop.

One of those is that it must be returned in pwo and in the same condition it was received. That may mean they reject anything with even the most superficial damage(which, let's be honest, the majority of three year old laptops will have, to some degree at least).

The other is that while they will give you a new laptop, they will limit it to laptops with the same spec, which naturally will be worth next to nothing in three years time. What may be a semi-decent laptop now may look positively prehistoric in three years. Again, something that would need to be clarified with them, along with who gets to choose what make/model laptop you receive etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

They should change their heading to "buy now and trade it in for a new one in 3 years", your not getting a free laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Do a google search for laptops direct or even just on boards and make sure you read those posts before you go anywhere near them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Furthermore, with the bad customer service reputation that LaptopsDirect seem to have I'd tend to doubt that they'll still be in business in 3 years time.

TBH they might even know that themselves and are using this offer as a way of getting sales on board before the liquidators get called in.

I could of course be totally wrong on this but I'd stay well clear of any offer off any company that involves them 'promising' you something in 3 years time in the 'current economic climate'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭moneyminded

I think this offer does not apply for ROI customers. I remember this as i have gone through this site before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I think this offer does not apply for ROI customers. I remember this as i have gone through this site before.

Apologies if so.

I got an email, and being a non UK resident I assumed I qualified.

Yet more fantastic customer service from Laptops Direct, it seems.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement