Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverside view, Letterkenny.

Options
  • 26-05-2009 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of moving to Letterkenny and am wondering if anyone can tell me a little about the Riverside view complex on Lower Main st?
    Basically I'm wondering if it is mainly professionals or students?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭weiss

i'm not sure if you're talking about the riverside apartments beside westside, or the newer apartments beside the ramada.

i lived in the old riverside apartments for 6 months and wouldn't move back there given the choice.

the newer riverside apartments look fine though, never been inside but its only been there 2-3 years and appears to be looked after well enough.

the newer riverside seems to only have maybe 10-15 apartments, while the older riverside/westside..about 60?
    i saw good few problems while living in old blocks, which is why i'd not move back.

in fairness, they should be ripped down..was built on swamp land anyway, buildings can only get worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Med

Hi Weiss,

I'm talking about the ones behind the Ramada hotel - which from the sounds of it are the newer ones.

Thanks for the input!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Both could be described as behind the Ramanda, so i'd check first.

Senna wrote: »
    Both could be described as behind the Ramanda, so i'd check first.

Turns out it was the old ones...have to keep looking so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

the new riverside apts are nice, dont go near the old ones... get a copy of the dealer, listings of available accommodation in that. What are you after, friends own apts in Letterkenny? I can pass you on their numbers if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Theres some good apartments on Pearse Road in that massive building with Elvery's at the bottom. I have a few friends there and they say its pretty good.

The Grand Central opposite Marks & Spencer seems decent enough as well from my experiences of being in there (albeit never sober) but they seemed ok, much better than Ballyraine Halls anyway

If you're a student the first option might be a bit expensive though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭zoey

I don't think there's much wrong with Ballyraine Halls for a student!

Harps wrote:
    The Grand Central opposite Marks & Spencer seems decent enough as well from my experiences of being in there (albeit never sober) but they seemed ok, much better than Ballyraine Halls anyway
    zoey wrote:
    I don't think there's much wrong with Ballyraine Halls for a student!

Section 50 Relief..

Section 50 of the Finance Act, 1999 provides for a scheme of tax relief for rented residential accommodation for third level students. The relief is along the lines of what is commonly referred to as section 23 relief. The Government attaches significance to this initiative, the purpose of which is the provision of additional rented accommodation to relieve current supply pressures in the private rented sector.

Lets all hope you're worth it :P

What are you after, friends own apts in Letterkenny? I can pass you on their numbers if you want.

North_West_Art
    I'm basically looking for a decent two bed, somewhere close enough to the town. If you could drop me a pm with numbers that would be great.

I'm not looking for student accom, so that rules out Grand Central and Ballyraine...

Anyone know the name of the building Elverys is in? Or who I could contact to see if they have any vacancies?

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭f00tball

That building is called Letterkenny Town Centre, isn't it.

Not a great name. Don't know why elverys moved anyway. Bit of a white elephant.

But the accomodation might be good

• Advertisement

dunno why i didn't mention before but have you checked daft.ie?
    it and the dealer would have loads of ads for letting apartments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I think a guy called McGinley owns that building, its right next to McGinley motors so if you can get in contact with him you could probably sort something out.

Its a massive building, around 7 stories I think and its very confusing to find your way to some of the apartments but from the apartments Ive been in they seem quite tidy and spacious with good vies across the valley

Advertisement