Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to watch Champions League Final

• 26-05-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Where in waterford city would be the best place to watch the champions league final?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

talking to alot of people over the last few weeks about this and the feedback im getting is that united fans are spread out over 5 or 6 different pubs in the city, namely Alfies ballybricken, Ned kellys, Kasbar, The mansion house, and masons,
    giving a choice between that lot i would pick the mansion house followed closely by Alfies on ballybricken,
    the rest are ****holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Masons. Full stop. Was there last year and they effort they made for the fans was unrivalled. They opened at 5....free pints for a good few, free food, tons of screens, 2 big screens, man utd songs, and flags in the place...my cousin won 180 quid with the golden goal competition...

From other threads you'll see that im very critical of the nightlife in waterford but i really don't see why someone would call it a ****ehole...more waterford begrudgery?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Would have to agree with Masons, was also there last year and the place was packed out. The atmosphere in there was fantastic and the dj was also a Man United fan. I cant wait for tomorrow night and I'll be in there from about 5ish to get a good seat.

Masons. Full stop. Was there last year and they effort they made for the fans was unrivalled. They opened at 5....free pints for a good few, free food, tons of screens, 2 big screens, man utd songs, and flags in the place...my cousin won 180 quid with the golden goal competition...

From other threads you'll see that im very critical of the nightlife in waterford but i really don't see why someone would call it a ****ehole...more waterford begrudgery?

was in there a few weeks ago for the munster v leinster match and the drink was stink and overpriced and the so called free food (4 basket of wedges between over 100 people) was very poor.

il stick to a real pub in either alfies or the mansion.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

was in there a few weeks ago for the munster v leinster match and the drink was stink and overpriced and the so called free food (4 basket of wedges between over 100 people) was very poor.

Well I can only comment on last years CL final in there and the food at half time was Chicken, Chips, and sausages, if memory serves me right and there seemed to be plenty to go around

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Well I can only comment on last years CL final in there and the food at half time was Chicken, Chips, and sausages, if memory serves me right and there seemed to be plenty to go around

must be the recession :D
    mr tweedys must be feeling the pinch:rolleyes:

Well if you don't like a place just don't go there again, fair enough. But I don't see how what you have said constitutes it being a ****hole. First off, Id doubt that it was only 4 baskets...they wouldn't bother their arse getting food just to get four baskets...secondly, it was free so you really you nothing to complain about except for the fact that maybe you just enjoy complaining.

Personally, if i was in a bar and the beer was muck, I'd go to the next place. But honestly I wouldn't go bitching about it online - reason being, if a pint is bad, it could be for a number of reasons and there's a good chance it may not be bad next time.

I had a rotten pint in geoffs a couple of weeks ago but last week i had one and it was smashing. Seriously...we can't be bitching about bars not doing enough to get our custom, and then bitching again when they try. Free food? Not enough free food dammit!! The term give an inch and look for a mile comes to mind.

Also the Kazbar are having a night for this tomorrow night, it's not a personal choice of mine cause I think they only have 1 or 2 tellies, but apparently they're doing food etc too

must be the recession :D
    mr tweedys must be feeling the pinch:rolleyes:

We were there for the Man U V arsenal semi final and the League cup final and we got a load of food. It may not be my first choice for a weekend night out but for sports it's unrivalled imo.

Well if you don't like a place just don't go there again, fair enough. But I don't see how what you have said constitutes it being a ****hole. First off, Id doubt that it was only 4 baskets...they wouldn't bother their arse getting food just to get four baskets...secondly, it was free so you really you nothing to complain about except for the fact that maybe you just enjoy complaining.

Personally, if i was in a bar and the beer was muck, I'd go to the next place. But honestly I wouldn't go bitching about it online - reason being, if a pint is bad, it could be for a number of reasons and there's a good chance it may not be bad next time.

I had a rotten pint in geoffs a couple of weeks ago but last week i had one and it was smashing. Seriously...we can't be bitching about bars not doing enough to get our custom, and then bitching again when they try. Free food? Not enough free food dammit!! The term give an inch and look for a mile comes to mind.

Also the Kazbar are having a night for this tomorrow night, it's not a personal choice of mine cause I think they only have 1 or 2 tellies, but apparently they're doing food etc too

how can you call it free food when your paying well over the odds for beer thats stink out of the taps. and i wasnt the only one who complained that day,
    it was carlsberg and it was rank,
    ans secondly i wouldnt go near that ****hole ever again, cos thats all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

My gaff, but I'm not in the city :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Bid als den newtown ,were having chinese and will all be shouting for barcelona :)

how can you call it free food when your paying well over the odds for beer thats stink out of the taps. and i wasnt the only one who complained that day,
    it was carlsberg and it was rank,
    ans secondly i wouldnt go near that ****hole ever again, cos thats all it is.

lol carlsberg is rank no matter where it is.
    Don't think there missing much with you anyway, you sound like a right classy customer.

lol carlsberg is rank no matter where it is.
    Don't think there missing much with you anyway, you sound like a right classy customer.

go way outta that boy,
    carlsberg is one of the best lagers out there,
    probably the best lager in the world:D

its just stink in that dive.

Twas full to the brim last night in there....what an atmosphere, despite the result.

Carlsberg is okay in fairness..there are worse out there...I'd say you just got a bad one mate.

Advertisement