Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters/ Grant question

Options
  • 26-05-2009 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have just finished a 4 year degree in electronic engineering and am currently looking into the options available to me. I am thinking about doing a 1 year masters (not sure on what yet).

While I was in college I received the grant and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if you can be still eligible for the grant if you continue to do an extra year, if I need to reapply or worse if I'm not eligible anymore :(

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭JDLK

It depends on whether the the masters/institution you're applying for is approved for a HE grant.

If it is then the candidate eligibility in relation to the course is checked.

What I mena is the undergratuate course you applied for may have had different criteria for a grant than the masters so i would say you will need to reapply.

Check this link: http://www.studentfinance.ie/

(Maybe a mod can sticky that link- Ive no association with the wesite, I just find it a good resource for grant questions that others may also find equally useful)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Also did Electronic Engineering and when I applied for the
    Masters they told me that if you were eligible for the grant
    in your undergrad, you would also be in a Masters also.

I assume as JDLK the course would need to qualify for the
    grant but I don't see why you would be looking at one that
    wasn't in the first place.

In my case I wasn't eligible for the grant in undergrad but I
    applied for the grant as a mature student for the masters.
    I was denied due to the fact that I didn't have a "year long break"
    between the undergrad and the Masters. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

DoHaless wrote: »
    Hey I was thinking about applying for this course in DCU and it says that it is aimed specifically at non-business graduates. Just wondering has anyone done this course and what did they think of it. many thanks

Which course?

Advertisement