Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card numbers

Options
  • 26-05-2009 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

sorry if i'm in the wrong place.

i found my credit card details in someone's house that shouldn't have them for any reason.

they had my card number and expiry number wrote down, that is all i seen.

can this be used by them??
    should i cancel my cards or am i ok??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They could theoretically be used by them, though most places would also require the CVC/CVV code (three digits on the back) also.

If you have a true concern about the safety of your card, then yes, cancel it to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jethrodublin

thanks dude

picking up the phone now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

sorry if i'm in the wrong place.

i found my credit card details in someone's house that shouldn't have them for any reason.

can this be used by them??
    should i cancel my cards or am i ok??

thanks

Report it imeadiately to your card issuer.

With those details they can order stuff online. Some online store require the CVV2 number (on the back of the card) and others (DELL for example) do address verification.

But not all do.

If they do a fraud on your account and the card company find out you knew of the danger, they could make you pay for the transactions, so get on the phone NOW....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

cancel, pronto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Ring the Gardaí, if they fraudulently have your details who knows how many other card details they have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have you approached this person about it? There "might" be a reasonable explanation.

I'm gonna go with all the advice above in relation to canceling the card - but you need to find out how they got them, and why IMO.

Advertisement