Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips for candidates running in the locals

• 26-05-2009 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Don't: Leave a photo on your Facebook showing you and your friends lezzing it up by having them squeeze your sumptuous boobs.
    Do: Make sure that Thumped.com remove the photo as soon as you find out

That is all.

Mod edit:http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4502/emmakiernan.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Don't post any more stupid posters on the streets!!

Seriously how many damn posters does a street need?! On average there are 3 posters on every lamppost on every street of the city!
    Where are they getting all the money for this?!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it was a damned sexy picture all the same and you'd have to be complete retard to refuse her your vote because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Don't: Leave a photo on your Facebook showing you and your friends lezzing it up by having them squeeze your sumptuous boobs.
    Do: Make sure that Thumped.com remove the photo as soon as you find out

That is all.

Don't: Leave us in suspense.

Do: Tell us who it is.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

That pic can only help FG, i'd ride vote for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Don't try to step into my hallway when I open the door, if I wanted you in my house I would invite you in.

Don't call after 9 o' clock at night unless you want to be taken down a peg or two.

Don't put your stupid leaflets through the letterbox, I know who you are & a piece of paper with your name & picture on it won't change the fact that I think you are a d!ckhead.

Don't get your official picture taken when you have a Lego woman haircut &/ or three chins. You look stupid so I won't vote for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

it was a damned sexy picture all the same and you'd have to be complete retard to refuse her your vote because of it.
    I only saw the smaller version (she deleted the one on Facebook), but I can honestly say I would change constituencies just to vote for them...I mean her.

Enda's got a good eye, I'll give him that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Ah come on give us a link to fúck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This thread fails to deliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Don't try to step into my hallway when I open the door, if I wanted you in my house I would invite you in.

Don't call after 9 o' clock at night unless you want to be taken down a peg or two.

Don't put your stupid leaflets through the letterbox, I know who you are & a piece of paper with your name & picture on it won't change the fact that I think you are a d!ckhead.

Don't get your official picture taken when you have a Lego woman haircut &/ or three chins. You look stupid so I won't vote for you.

But you never call anymore.....:(

markok84 wrote: »
    Ah come on give us a link to fúck.
    http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1225735&postcount=74

"The" picture was removed.

Damn, Fine Gael prudishness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

TheZohan wrote: »
    But you never call anymore.....:(

We can still be friends, just not in this life :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1225735&postcount=74

"The" picture was removed.

Damn, Fine Gael prudishness.

Damn, they removed it!!
    Someone must/should have had copied and saved it!
    How can we let such a thing die away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Don't get caught on camera snorting cocaine at a house party and have your pix published in the Sunday World to which you react by claiming total innocence and that you were 'set up'.

Do bring your mammy around with you when canvassing for re-election so that your constituants become less inclined to give you the bollocking you deserve at the doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

God Damnit!!

In future the rules for these sort of threads are:

1: Take a screenshot of the site. Did no one learn from when [url=https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/19563/66511.jpg[/url] changed his bebo

2. Post said screenshot and avoid PICS OR GTFO

EDIT: thank you My name is URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I see the blue steel pose is still as popular as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

dont come to my door again

thats my only tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Did no one learn from when Decker McGowan changed his bebo

I wonder which of his friends has a secret crush on him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

RHunce wrote: »
    dont come to my door again

thats my only tip

But what if she came to your door? I'd give her my electoral ballot if you know what I mean :pac:
    I mean my penis

Who removed my pic of said lesbianism?

Double standards much? If it's ok to post about a subject, why is it not ok to post the subject matter...?

And before you say take it to PM, I can't because I dunno who removed the pic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

If Mary Lou had done this years ago, she'd be Taoiseach by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Don't get caught on camera snorting cocaine at a house party and have your pix published in the Sunday World to which you react by claiming total innocence and that you were 'set up'.

Do bring your mammy around with you when canvassing for re-election so that your constituants become less inclined to give you the bollocking you deserve at the doorstep.

so we can tell her exactly what sort of f**kwad she raised:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Mary Lou is a rotten yoke. A young woman comes on the political scene and people think she's hot just cause they're used to looking at oul ones.

She's not good looking. At all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Where did all the pics that were here a minute ago go? Stupid moderation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Jimbo wrote: »
    If Mary Lou had done this years ago, she'd be Taoiseach of the imaginary Republic Of Fetishism by now.

fyp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

kraggy wrote: »
    Mary Lou is a rotten yoke. A young woman comes on the political scene and people think she's hot just cause they're used to looking at oul ones.

She's not good looking. At all.

Mary Lou looks like she got a right hiding from the ugly stick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Who removed my pic of said lesbianism?

I did.
    Double standards much? If it's ok to post about a subject, why is it not ok to post the subject matter...?

It's not double standards, I don't see how it is. She made her profile private so took the photos out of the public eye, hence why I'm not to sure having them reposted here would be such a good idea. Myself and the other mods will discuss it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Would a link to a photobucket account be ok? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭5318008!

Anyone who thanks this post takes it up the ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

5318008! wrote: »
    On a completely unrelated note.

Does anyone like 98fm's Darragh O'Dea?

He has a very cool blog ;).

http://www.dublins98.ie/djblogs/blog/1433

*screenshot taken quickly before it's removed again* :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I can't help but think she'd make more capital from this photo if she actually had a decent pair of tits. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

she'll do well in the coming erection, oops i mean election:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I did.

It's not double standards, I don't see how it is. She made her profile private so took the photos out of the public eye, hence why I'm not to sure having them reposted here would be such a good idea. Myself and the other mods will discuss it though.

She saw fit to release it into the public domain. It has since been hosted elsewhere so the initial source doesn't matter much. It's hardly wrong to show the photo as she would have known the possible reprecussions of her act in the first place.

And that blog is very informative.

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    I can't help but think she'd make more capital from this photo if she actually had a decent pair of tits. :(
    Never been a big tit man myself. This picture is going to come back to haunt her. If she gets in, I've a sneaking suspicion the mailboxes of her European colleagues will be receiving it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's not double standards, I don't see how it is. She made her profile private so took the photos out of the public eye, hence why I'm not to sure having them reposted here would be such a good idea.

Bear in mind that she's a politician, so she has no human rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nevore wrote: »
    Never been a big tit man myself. This picture is going to come back to haunt her. If she gets in, I've a sneaking suspicion the mailboxes of her European colleagues will be receiving it. :pac:
    She's only going for the local elections, not the European ones. Oh and ya she's a ride.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    She's only going for the local elections, not the European ones. Oh and ya she's a ride.
    Ah, so she isn't. I'm confusing her with that blonde one who's going for europe. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

For Fianna Fail canvassers:-

While canvassing try and convince people that, due to a procedure change this year, the name of the parties on the voting slip will be placed diagonally up or down one place to that of the candidate, beside another candidates name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zoltanguardiola

I have them all downloaded. Will post soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I predict Emma to get one pervy phone call as a result of this thread.

no not me

:D
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Emma-Kiernan/685871631
    She's a fan of Steve Stiffler apparently.
    Dirty yoke.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

God Damnit!!

In future the rules for these sort of threads are:

1: Take a screenshot of the site. Did no one learn from when Decker McGowan changed his bebo

2. Post said screenshot and avoid PICS OR GTFO

EDIT: thank you My name is URL

Question: How exactly do ya take a screenshot!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Question: How exactly do ya take a screenshot!

basic way is my hitting printscreen and pasting it into a wordfile or into paint

on a mac? you deserve to miss out on the goodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The button above insert.

Dear Emma. You ****ed up.
    Your pic will not be taken down.
    Yours sincerely, future Labour candidate and scandal ridden politician, Terry O'Dowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Dear Emma,

that pic will probably gain you a lot more posts than it loses you.

Especially among a certain demographic.

Yours sincerely,

An ordinary man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭28064212

dsmythy wrote: »
    I predict Emma to get one pervy phone call as a result of this thread.

no not me
    Given that her mobile number is available on the web (she really needs to learn how to hide personal details), I predict she'll get about 50. Well, 50 before she realises she has to change her number, which will probably be sometime tomorrow.

It was a massive mistake on her part (or Fine Gael's) to take the picture down. If she had left it up, there would have been feck-all comment about it (bar a couple of well-deserved posts on the "hottest political poster" thread). It got practically no follow-up on the Thumped thread until after it was taken down. Now it's going to be picked up by the national news, most likely by the Independent, they'll run some piece on how people don't realise what they're allowing to be shown to the public through Facebook and how it can affect your life etc. The only result of that will be that she'll lose votes from biddies who think "that kind of behaviour is disgraceful"

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
Advertisement