Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips for candidates running in the locals

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

28064212 wrote: »
    Given that her mobile number is available on the web (she really needs to learn how to hide personal details), I predict she'll get about 50. Well, 50 before she realises she has to change her number, which will probably be sometime tomorrow.

It was a massive mistake on her part (or Fine Gael's) to take the picture down. If she had left it up, there would have been feck-all comment about it (bar a couple of well-deserved posts on the "hottest political poster" thread). It got practically no follow-up on the Thumped thread until after it was taken down. Now it's going to be picked up by the national news, most likely by the Independent, they'll run some piece on how people don't realise what they're allowing to be shown to the public through Facebook and how it can affect your life etc. The only result of that will be that she'll lose votes from biddies who think "that kind of behaviour is disgraceful"

As mentioned before, She would have a Private mobile and A public mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭28064212

As mentioned before, She would have a Private mobile and A public mobile
    On a different thread. In a different forum. Which I only found through your recent posts after you posted that. Tbf.

And I'm sure she does have separate mobiles, not going to stop her (or her staff if she has one) receiving those 50 phone calls and then having to change the number

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't: Leave a photo on your Facebook showing you and your friends lezzing it up by having them squeeze your sumptuous boobs.

Very nice photo, but the trade description act might come into play about the description sumptuous. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

on a mac? you deserve to miss out on the goodies

Its Command/Apple + Shift + 3 or 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Bertie Aherns spring chicken of a brother(hes easily mid seventies),knocked at my door last night at about ten past 9,I told him,'shouldnt you not be back in your home by this time',anyway I gave him a mad b*llocking,about brown evelopes,the handling of abuse in religous orders,about me having had to live in the middle on nowhere because I couldnt afford a house where I was from,and how in general Fianna Fail are a shower of w*nkers,his reply was ah but you'll give me number 2,I gave up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its Command/Apple + Shift + 3 or 4
    Proof that people who say Macs are more user friendly are talkin shite :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Tip for local canditates?Don't schedule your big campaign function on the same night as the Champions League final as one pillock in Donegal did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Emma Kiernan responded on P.ie, so maybe we will get a little visit too.
    http://www.politics.ie/political-humour/72027-caption-week-5.html

/uses mouth-spray

/uses mouth-spray

She does talk/type like a politician should...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Nice girl, Met her a few times.

this Exposure can only help her campaign

By the end of this week, she's definitely gonna be quite famous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

By the end of this week, she's definitely gonna be quite famous...

You mean in a Claire Swire kind of way?

You mean in a Claire Swire kind of way?

Its only gonna help her with her campaign ultimately...
    Better to be spoken about than not spoken about or however that quote goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lickarse1

The only tip I would have is just listen to the people on the doorsteps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Lickarse1's post being thanked by a user named lickarse2? Very odd..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Lickarse1's post being thanked by a user named lickarse2? Very odd..
    What do you expect?

He's a sycophant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Its only gonna help her with her campaign ultimately...
    Better to be spoken about than not spoken about or however that quote goes!

Yep.

It was in the Indo to-day, treated gently / humourously enough, and rightly so.

/uses mouth-spray
    Good response, the girl obviously has a brain, unlike whoever went round demanding it be removed from websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Dear Emma,

that pic will probably gain you a lot more posts than it loses you.

Especially among a certain demographic.

Yours sincerely,

An ordinary man.

Glad to see we were right.

Maybe it means that Ireland is actually growing up a bit.

Though I suspect it may just mean that a lot of men voted! :pac:

Anyway, seems from to-day's paper that an ex of this young lady's (from three years back!) was responsible for drawing attention to the picture, and alerting the papers with a holier-than-thou "is this what we want from our elected officials?!" message.

I just wanted to say a public "thank you" to him, and this seemed like a good place to do it.

Because, as a man, I really feel grateful that this guy has proven that there are still bitter, small-minded, chauvinists around.

Because, as a man, I really enjoy knowing that his behaviour will help to bolster the "all men are assholes" belief that some women hold (and with evidence like this, who can blame them!).

Because, as a man, I am really thankful to this neanderthal and all those like him who give the majority of men a bad name.

I am so pleased that this backfired on you, Captain, and that Emma Kiernan and her boobs got elected. I really hope it continues to do so, as indeed it appears it may do.

Advertisement