Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo mentioned on Corrie tonight

Options
  • 26-05-2009 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

I couldn't believe it, The Sligo Champion was mentioned on Coronation Street and then Peter said Sligo...I had to do a double take.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

no kidding! ha!

that's gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

First Áine, now Corrie - ye're in the limelight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I thought I was hearing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nedoo

My mum and dad never miss corrie and they flew out the day before their home town and local paper is mentioned!

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=9302&locID=1.65.177&date=2009-05-26&date_mode=&page=1&show_cal=&newspanel=&showspanel=&web_only=&full_episodes=

Dont worry, mentioned in the first few seconds!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Ha that is freakin' sweet!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

G'wan Sligo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Sweet Cheeks

This is something that we can all truely look back on with a real sense of pride! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's great. What was being mentioned about Sligo and the Sligo Champion? Was there a running story about a cast member in Sligo? Fair City tend to mention Sligo a good bit I've noticed over the last year or so. "somebody on/getting the train to Sligo" and so on. Nice one.

The man who plays the Russian (friend of Lana) in Fair City is an actor from Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Big whoop...........

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

That characters "Michelle"s family are from Ireland (from my limited viewing of course! :o ) which I suppose keeps the script consistent.

Re Fair City:
    One of the main actresses was from Sligo but died relatively recently.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_O'Hara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

For some reason this reminds me of one of my fave Sligo Jokes.

Years ago, one hot summer back in the 70's a farmer was making hay and short handed. He came in from Calry that night to have a pint in the Punch Bowl, he met a local and the bar bought him a couple of pints and your man agreed to come the next day at 8.30 to help with the hay. Eleven bells the next morning there is no sign of our boy, so the farmer drives into Town and up to The Hill, knocks on the door and the wife answers, "Is Cyril about" says the farmer. He's out the back weeding says the wife, "weeding the garden says the farmer". Wife says "Weeding the garden, is he hell he's weeding the Champion"

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

DenMan wrote: »
    The man who plays the Russian (friend of Lana) in Fair City is an actor from Sligo.

Ahhhh! Does he lean on a shovel work for the Corporation?

Advertisement