Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bionic Commando Rearmed for 400 points this week

• 26-05-2009 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is worth starting a topic over, but I just thought everyone should be aware. I downloaded it yesterday, it's old school fun. At 400 points, it really is a bargain!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Think I'm gonna pick it up :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You should, a truly brilliant game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just found out my 360 is in England on it's return trip from the german hospital, so I'll certainly d/l it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Im bloody pissed..as i mentioned in the tired of xbla prices thread,i bought this a 4 or 5 days before the offer came out.What timing like..its bin out over a year and i buy it the week before it comes down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Great game. I loved how the modernised the game while putting a hint of retroness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's practically the old game, more retro than modern. It's the same game tidied up with 3D graphics, better bosses and an absolutely cracking remixed soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RafoLordOfWars

Going to give it a go:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

definitly recommend it, was well worth it for 800 points let alone 400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

hmm, been on the fence about picking this one up but at 400pts i think i'll have to take the plunge. Cheers OP for the heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

How much is 400 points in euro monies ?? i can never remember what they are worth puts me off buying things on XBL im not sure why they did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

100 points = €1.20, I think.

Picked it up and played it for an hour or so last night. Really enjoying. There is a bit of mastery of the controls to be reached but I think you could get some very impressive movements and flow going if you nailed it completely. Should keep me entertained for a number of hours as well, Nice few hidden bits and pieces to track down and I love the Gunsmoke style levels.

Never played the original, but for 400pts i thought i'd give it a go. Absolutely loving it, atm. Really shows up modern games for their easiness/lack of real difficulty. I'd forgotten how the games from the 8-bit era could be so unbelievably difficult.

Also, this:
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    an absolutely cracking remixed soundtrack.

is the truest post on the whole of boards. The soundtrack and menu music is sensational.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Really shows up modern games for their easiness/lack of real difficulty. I'd forgotten how the games from the 8-bit era could be so unbelievably difficult.
    Cool, I thought it was just me :D I still have to get used to timing the swings, especially when I'm being shot at.

ah there is a lot to master in the controls. You do get a good sense of achievement when you pull together a particular good string of swings to land behind a guy and killing him. Some tough little challenge rooms in there too. best 400pts i've spent on the xbox

Advertisement