Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hetalia axis powers

Options
  • 26-05-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watched this or read the manga?

Just stumbled onto it there while randomly searching youtube and it has to be one of the strangest yet appealing ideas for an anime I have read about in a while.

It personafies all the countries of the world from the beginning of this century as anime characters and focuses mostly on Italy as a coward as he travels around with germany and Japan while fighting with the allied powers, a fair few random countries show up as they turn historical events into character interaction (such as america being England's son.) and is done in a style very much like azumanga daoih, short 5 minute episodes with no real plot beyond covering some historical events and some random elements (Roman Empire being Italy's grandfather who randomly shows up as a ghost.)

To get an idea of how they represent the countries I present youtubes countdown of them all (I think, I only found this 20 minutes ago)

I have yet to find out if Ireland has shown up in it.

But its one of those strange little animes that appeals to me because of its historical/political satire mixed with out there anime elements.

Advertisement