Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone have a high narrow saddle?

Options
  • 26-05-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Just wondering if anyone has a narrow saddle for a horse with high withers lying around?? At a reasonable price! Am so sick of trying to get hold of a lady in the north of dublin who has a good selection but is impossible to actually get. Have tried homestead but lady wants to charge me 700e. seriously cant afford that. Just bought my new mare and on top of the vetting farrier etc dont have much left... have a wintec with adjustable gullet but even the yellow bar is not narrow or high enough. I'm in dublin. I've tried gumtree and adverts.ie and e-bay etc so am at wits end. dont want to go to goodwins who dont do them for less than a grand and a half!! hope someone can help as I'm at my wits end here.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chindato

Sorry, don't have a narrow fitting saddle. Just wanted to say that if you look for Albion or Kieffer, both have cut back pommels, which work really well for high withered horses. You might pick one up second hand if you keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Have you tried Goodwins or Berneys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bruce Co Clare

Have a beautiful english jumping saddle cut back and suitable for high withered animal 225 euros no offers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

High withers doesnt automatically imply that a horse needs a narrow saddle. Just wanted to say that. I have quite a wide tb who has very high withers. He's in a wide saddle with a cut back pommel.

Thorowgood make high wither saddles and might be worth checking them out.

OP wherabouts are you based? Might be worth boxing your horse to a local saddlery (Simon Porter is good around here) to see what would fit. A lot of saddlerys will cater for your budget.

Advertisement