Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey guys

Options
  • 26-05-2009 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Heading to Berlin for the Gay pride does anyone know if its good over there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

I havent visited it but ive heard its massive compared to any in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 VforVendetta

Im looking forward to it, its going to be 2 gays and 2 straights so should be interesting for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I was at the Love Parade a few years ago. It was awesome. Such a great, friendly atmosphere. And we danced non-stop until we got on the plane back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Just thought i would correct your title(just kidding)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

frag420 wrote: »
    Just thought i would correct your title(just kidding)

You sir are a legend, I laughed so hard I actually died.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

someone call a paramedic for Boston please!!

Edit: I meant coroner(cause of death should make a good read)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Berlin has a huge gay scene.

You'll probably here of Mann-o-Meter which is a gay information centre in Schoneberg (it's on the yellow line, get off the U-Bahn at Noellendorfplatz) and they print all sorts of weird and bizarre and informative stuff of whats going on month by month.

The think I always found hardest to get my head around is the dispersed nature of the scene in Berlin. There is no real 'gay centre and you'll regularly see straight people/ straight couples in gay bars and night clubs.

Strangely enough the scene is at its quietest in Berlin Monday - Wednesday when you might actualy be hard pressed to find much on. It's the same for straight clubs and actually just highlghts how much Berliners love to let loose on the weekends.
    At the same time, Berlin doesn't have an unhealthy drinking culture, I've never seen a girl passed out on the street like Dulin or London, never saw a fight orbasically anything but innocent revelry and cute German boys:)

If you're looking for a pre-clubbing party in Berlin during Summer, forget cocktail bars and pubs because there is nothing quite like sitting outside in one of Germany's many leafy parks, listening to open air music, and drinking Erdingers with your mates. In Ireland, I guess that would be considered a bit distasteful but it's perfectly normal in Berlin and is a wonderful way to spend an evening.

Also, if you go to any club in Berlin, you must visit GMF on Sunday nights. It is situated over two floors in a high rise office building ... youg crowd, great music and stays open until dawn.

Enjoy Berlin!

Advertisement