Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citreon C4 alloy locknut key....

• 26-05-2009 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Just discovered that this is missing from the kit in the boot with the spare wheel...

Only have the car over a month so gonna ring the garage it was baought from in the morning (not a citreon dealer , big vw dealer in portumna)

Does anyone know where to get one if I have no luck with the garage , need it before or on friday morning , as were headin on a trip to clare that day.

Any help appreciated folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

know i only posted an hour ago but im bumping this hope ye can help......

bumping again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I'd imagine a dealer is the only place you could get one and it would need to be ordered. Might have it by friday at a push but unfortunately, probably not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gniie

If it is a security Key(antiteft device) than you might have a problem. They have normaly a unic pattern. If it is just a standard locknut key, than any motor factor can sell you a universal one, normaly fits 4 sizes and it is in shape of a cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 TimMcC

Just discovered that this is missing from the kit in the boot with the spare wheel...

Only have the car over a month so gonna ring the garage it was baought from in the morning (not a citreon dealer , big vw dealer in portumna)

Does anyone know where to get one if I have no luck with the garage , need it before or on friday morning , as were headin on a trip to clare that day.

Any help appreciated folks.

Hi
    I had this problem reciently with the older Picasso when getting new tyres . Citroen main dealer was quoting €40 at the time with a 2 week delivery for the socket . I also would have to provide the chassis number so they could order the correct socket ( there are about 6 different types ) . In the end the place where I was buying the tyres managed to get the security nuts off and I replaced them with standard nuts at €5 each . The citroen dealer was anything but helpfull . I asked if I could just drive down to them and they could loosen the nuts on each wheel with thier own set they refused stating I would need to book it in :mad:

Tim

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Did you check the glovebox OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Did you check the glovebox OP?

or the storage compartment under the passanger seat?

hav'nt checked those , the missus has the car at work so will get her to check, rang dealer where the car was purchased , waitin on a call back , if all fails and cant get one, would advanced pit stop/fast fit be able to remove them and replace them with standard wheelnuts as we need the car for a journey on friday. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Does the car actually have a puncture? If not, i'd be inclined to throw a can of TyreWeld in the boot for now. In any case, this is for the dealer where you bought the car to sort out - whether that means replacing the locknut or recovering the car if you do get a puncture. Do make sure to search the car properly first, though.;)

No it has'nt got a punctured Anan, just concerned in case.

Just got off the phone with a dealer in ennis and he told me it will take 2 weeks to get it :(

Still waiting on a call back from dealer.

Bollox to this.......Ill have to go at em with a hammer if i cant get one.

• Advertisement

No it has'nt got a punctured Anan, just concerned in case.

Just got off the phone with a dealer in ennis and he told me it will take 2 weeks to get it :(

Still waiting on a call back from dealer.

Bollox to this.......Ill have to go at em with a hammer if i cant get one.
    No offence, but why are you making this your problem? Just let the dealer sort it out.

Because it will be a loada hassle for us if we did get a puncture this weekend , and were in athlone while the dealer is in portumna.

Because it will be a loada hassle for us if we did get a puncture this weekend , and were in athlone while the dealer is in portumna.
    The way i'd look at it is this:

1. You'd have to be quite unlucky to get a puncture in the next two weeks anyway

2. Even if you do, a can of TyreWeld would most likely do the trick

3. If you do need to get a wheel off, the dealer who sold you the car is responsible for any associated costs.

4. If you take a hammer to the locknuts, any damage is your responsibility.

By the way, do you have roadside recovery either with the car, with your insurance, or separately?

Yep we have AA cover :)

Yep we have AA cover :)
    Well there ya go - just wait for the new key, and if you do happen to get unlucky call the AA!

Will be passing the Dealer where we bought it on friday and they are going to take out the locknuts for me and give me new ones.

Advertisement