Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 *111# broken?

• 26-05-2009 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I notice that *111# is no longer working for o2 contract customers. Is this a temporary or a permanent move?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It is "still working".

It's just unreliable and O2 don't seem to care. There's numerous posts on their forum and they say they're aware of issues and working to improve the reliability. I'm taking this as a "we don't care" though because it's been going on so long now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is probably in their interests not to fix it as it will allow users to over spend.

I guess that's one way to look at it. Another (playing devils avocate here .. ) might be that people won't spend as much as they'll be too afraid of getting a massive bill.

It's a disaster of a service but I guess working 20% of the time beats not working at all in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Just to let you in on the details. *111# is now officially an end of life service. We are looking at a newer future proof alternative at the moment which should be live sometime soon. I will let you know when I get more details. For the moment though the current service is still active but its reliability is a little sporadic.

Just to let you in on the details. *111# is now officially an end of life service. We are looking at a newer future proof alternative at the moment which should be live sometime soon. I will let you know when I get more details. For the moment though the current service is still active but its reliability is a little sporadic.
    To me this sounds like lazyness on O2s part. We've been told it's being worked on for so long and then it's just dropped?

• Advertisement
Advertisement