Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPGRADES

Options
  • 26-05-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I want to upgrade my DE UMP but do not know how to do this my knowledge of internals only gos as far as barrel and hop up but want to upgrade rof is there any where that offers a upgrade service in ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Try Eirsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Rasherz

thanks callup after juniour cert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Rasherz wrote: »
    I want to upgrade my DE UMP but do not know how to do this my knowledge of internals only gos as far as barrel and hop up but want to upgrade rof is there any where that offers a upgrade service in ireland

er, put a higher voltage battery in it

would it be able to take a higher voltage battery stock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Yeah, it will wear out the gears a bit faster, but it should be ok with a 9.6V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

yes you can fit a 9.6v in if you remove the battery door on the back of the gun!

when you open out the stock it will hold the battery in place!

you could change the bushings to bearings and give it a proper shim job and that will also increase the rate of fire.

give eirsoft.ie a ring and richie will be able to tell you exactly what you can do to it.

will do but also does anyone know of any aestethic upgrades for a ump eg new stock, rails, grip to beef up the look and where can iget them if there are any

Careful with the 9.6v, i got one and in the space of about a month both the piston and both reversal latch have gone. And the tappet plate looks on its way out too. My gun was about 9 months old when i put it in thethough

my ump is nearly 2 years old never needed repairs but would a 9.6v stretch it to far

Couldnt say for certain without having seen the insides, but i wouldnt bother opening it just to find out. If youve no problem with the idea of fixing it or geting it fixed then go for it, but it might be a risk. Oh and i seen some ump rails on ehobby

• Advertisement

thanks for advice have decided the lack of external upgrades available for ump have conviced me to invest in something new as that massive mag is the most annoying thing in a skirmish and dont find the stock that comfortable will use advice to up the rof on my next purchase

Advertisement