Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a Boardsie?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Well I know I would not consider dating someone who gets into public slinging matches with their exs on a public forum after being bitching about them.

There was no need for that so I fail to see why you brought it up.
    liah wrote: »
    Surprising behaviour from a mod, actually, bringing personal stuff from other threads into another thread in a completely different forum using incredibly catty remarks. But it's okay, I'm not judging you on it, you're probably just having a bad day. I'm sure you're great otherwise. :)

She doesn't mod this forum so she is just another poster here.

Edit: Thaedydal banned for that last post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Thaedydal wrote: »
    SNIP

So really given you have all the info just out there and if no one is getting in touch to date or mate you then really the biggest lowest common denominator is yourself and your behaviour and how you come across online.

I do not mod this forum, if you have an issue with my post report it and I am referring to a thread you started in this forum not anywhere else.

Who said no one was getting in touch with me? I've made a lot of friends via boards so far, just because I haven't been able to make it to a beers means nothing, but thanks for the assumptions?

I put contact info out there because I enjoy talking to new and different people. It's not for any ulterior, attention-seeking motive, as you seem to be suggesting-- I like making friends, I find people incredibly interesting, and I make it easy for people to find me to talk to. What's wrong with that? Seriously?

I don't get why you're targeting me. A lot of people have the same kind of things in their sig. What's the deal?

Grow up tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can we steer this back on topic please people. Enough discussion about that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sooooo...

dating a boardsie, eh?

I've dated a few. Nothing much came from them relationship wise, but we didn't fall out either. I'm still friends in all cases. So i'd say my (albeit limited) experience on the subject is mostly positive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thaedydal and Liah why not take your issues elsewhere before a mod locks this thread and it gets ruined for the rest of us! :(

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    I've dated a few. Nothing much came from them relationship wise, but we didn't fall out either. I'm still friends in both cases. So i'd say my (albeit limited) experience on the subject is mostly positive. :)

That's good to hear.

I'm very happy in my relationship with the fellow..er..-ine Boardsie. Actually as I've said earlier, I've never been happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

wow seems like loads of people are wiht fellow boardies (me included)

wonder what the numbers are

Hey, don't blame the victim! I was having fun with the thread til the completely random, uncalled for hate from someone who knows nothing about me :(

So has anyone ever been dating a boardsie and then noticed a thread in PI that seemed eerily similar? I'd imagine PI or RI could make a boardsie relationship very awkward... :pac:

kingtut wrote: »
    Thaedydal and Liah why not take your issues elsewhere before a mod locks this thread and it gets ruined for the rest of us! :(
    oh and always thought you where a girl

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

emo!! wrote: »

Given the PM he sent me, I wish he was!!! Lol.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

all jokes aside,

theres very little (if any) differance meeting someone online and meeting someone in a pub.

I remember reading somewhere that 10% of couples in the US in 2007 met online.

Hey, don't blame the victim! I was having fun with the thread til the completely random, uncalled for hate from someone who knows nothing about me :(

So has anyone ever been dating a boardsie and then noticed a thread in PI that seemed eerily similar? I'd imagine PI or RI could make a boardsie relationship very awkward... :pac:

i would hope that she would approach me with any problems she has before she goes to complete strangers about it. I always find it best to communicate these things, because it's the only way they'd get settled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

This thread is making me laugh.

Thanks folks.

I wonder how many PM's are going to be sent on the back of it though.

sexual_harassment_panda.gif

***wanders off to try and figure out how to send anonymous PM's***

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

The previous good things said...
    The downside can be that...u date someone, u break...and then for a while is gonna be a it harsh cause u know "where to find" this person...and not only that, u maybe have friends in common on boards or share same fora...etc...
    But, all in all, real life is similar...common friends, workplace, school, college, etc...
    So it's part of the risk of becoming affectionate to someone, I suppose.

the king part of my username never gave it away :confused:

you sound really dissapointed.....are you a guy yourself?

i would hope that she would approach me with any problems she has before she goes to complete strangers about it. I always find it best to communicate these things, because it's the only way they'd get settled.

Sigh, can you not drop it? People rant about their relationships ALL THE TIME in tLL and other parts of the forum. Mine was like every single other one, my ex just happened to find it-- and got offended despite the fact that he refused to talk to me about it to clear the air despite all the times I tried to discuss it with him privately. On top of ALL of that, I had no idea he even knew boards existed. It was a freak happening. Let it go.

Jesus people are in awfully catty moods today.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the REAL subject...

I'd reckon the PMs are flying around like hot cakes! I've got a fair share and I wasn't even expecting any since I'm apparently terrible! :pac: In all seriousness though, who's going to set up the singles night?!

kingtut wrote: »
    the king part of my username never gave it away :confused:

you sound really dissapointed.....are you a guy yourself?
    no im a girl...

oh yeah the king part LOL , never copped that >.< (and no im not blond)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Heck Im terrified taht one of my exes is a boardsie and is planning to call me out on something! :eek:

Her: "oi, Séanie It SO did not happen that way!!!"

Me: "Oh, Cassandra, what a lovely surprise :o"

Sigh, can you not drop it? People rant about their relationships ALL THE TIME in tLL and other parts of the forum. Mine was like every single other one, my ex just happened to find it-- and got offended despite the fact that he refused to talk to me about it to clear the air despite all the times I tried to discuss it with him privately. On top of ALL of that, I had no idea he even knew boards existed. It was a freak happening. Let it go.

Jesus people are in awfully catty moods today.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the REAL subject...

I'd reckon the PMs are flying around like hot cakes! I've got a fair share and I wasn't even expecting any since I'm apparently terrible! :pac: In all seriousness though, who's going to set up the singles night?!

Uhm...

Whut?

I wasn't refering to or bringing up anything. Was merely answering the question that was asked and giving my own personal opinion. Hell, I have no idea what that whole guffaw was about.

But, yeah.

I'm sorry you misunderstood.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Heck Im terrified taht one of my exes is a boardsie and is planning to call me out on something! :eek:

Her: "oi, Séanie It SO did not happen that way!!!"

Me: "Oh, Cassandra, what a lovely surprise :o"

LOLz
    Aehm...
    Hahaha...can't say why bit all this is quite funny ^_^
    (nothing personal Galvasean, u just happened to make me think about something)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Would I? Probabaly, only ****er would be if she lived off in Cork or somewhere and ya couldn't hang out, that'd be my biggest problem. Long distance stuff is all well and good to a point.

Don't think I'll need to worry anyway, the ginger hate on boards is down right depressing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

When did boards become a dating site? Last time I checked this wasn't hotornot.com, it's a discussion site

no im a girl...

oh yeah the king part LOL , never copped that >.< (and no im not blond)

lol, checks inbox....hmmm no pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

orestes wrote: »
    When did boards become a dating site? Last time I checked this wasn't hotornot.com, it's a discussion site

Well there's a section on adverts for it.... :pac:

did you not get the newletter cookie??:P

:rolleyes:

V9 wrote: »
    Would I? Probabaly, only ****er would be if she lived off in Cork or somewhere and ya couldn't hang out, that'd be my biggest problem. Long distance stuff is all well and good to a point.

Don't think I'll need to worry anyway, the ginger hate on boards is down right depressing :(
    check out my sig :)

join it :)

V9 wrote: »

I adore gingers but I live in Cork
    LOLz

Isn't this a bit hypocrit as an attitude?
    When u talk to some stranger are u not attracted if they have interesting or funny conversation and u are single and you wouldn't dislike a bit of fun/company/romance/whatever?
    My 2 cents, hm.
    (The fact the there are "boards couples" speaks for itself, then)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Aww its all so sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

check out my sig :)

join it :)
    Ooh.. Such a thing exists?!

GINGERS, UNITE!
    I adore gingers but I live in Cork
    LOLz

Cark, bai? Unacceptable :(