Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a Boardsie?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

emo!! wrote: »
    check out my sig :)

lol way ahead of ya ;)

join it :)
    I adore gingers but I live in Cork
    LOLz

How YOU doin bai? ;)

At the end of the day, if two people click, they click, what matters the way meet, I've met some wonderful friends in my time here, who's to say ya wouldn't meet that person who tickles yer fancy that little bit extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Isn't this a bit hypocrit as an attitude?
    When u talk to some stranger are u not attracted if they have interesting or funny conversation and u are single and you wouldn't dislike a bit of fun/company/romance/whatever?
    My 2 cents, hm.
    (The fact the there are "boards couples" speaks for itself, then)

That's fair enough, then why don't people use the pm function as it's intended, instead of coming on here and saying "I didn't get a pm :(" and then coming back 5 minutes later and saying I got 3! Yay! It's like watching p kids in primary school on Valentines day.

And I'm in a relationship with someone I met through this site actually, I just don't bang on about it or discuss it here cos it's not what this site is for. Just because I met someone through this site and am involved with them doesn't mean this is a dating site. Cause and effect shouldn't be confused here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

V9 wrote: »
    How YOU doin bai? ;)

Oi! I called shotgun!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Ooh.. Such a thing exists?!

GINGERS, UNITE!

Cark, bai? Unacceptable :(
    yeah link is on my vistors page:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Ooh.. Such a thing exists?!

GINGERS, UNITE!

Cark, bai? Unacceptable :(
    I am sorry, I came all this way from Italy :P :)
    I find Cork quite acceptable, though, bai.

How YOU doin bai? ;)
    Daicent, loike, what's the story with ya, loike?

*stops the Cork impression right now, promised*

• Advertisement

Maddison wrote: »
    Aww its all so sweet!

Too much sweets can make people nauseous

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Galvasean wrote: »
    Heck Im terrified taht one of my exes is a boardsie and is planning to call me out on something! :eek:

Her: "oi, Séanie It SO did not happen that way!!!"

Me: "Oh, Cassandra, what a lovely surprise :o"

Amatuer, after every relationship ends, no matter how short, you are supposed to change your number and move location.

When it ends badly I change my name also.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

orestes wrote: »
    That's fair enough, then why don't people use the pm function as it's intended, instead of coming on here and saying "I didn't get a pm :(" and then coming back 5 minutes later and saying I got 3! Yay! It's like watching p kids in primary school on Valentines day.
    Why not let them? It's harmless...

(I didn't get a PM :( )

Too much sweets can make people nauseous

Lies!

You can never have enough sweets. I mean who needs teeth anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

LOLz
    Aehm...
    Hahaha...can't say why bit all this is quite funny ^_^
    (nothing personal Galvasean, u just happened to make me think about something)
    Merrice?

Ah now, I think this thread is fun. Any place where me and Agent Smith can express our love without being frowned upon is a-okay with me.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Why not let them? It's harmless...

Until it starts spreading and the forum gets a reputation as a hook-up zone and real conversation becomes near impossible

yeah link is on my vistors page:)

<Cable guy>
    This concludes our broadcast day
    *Click*
    </cable guy>

Italy? well then...
    Ciao bella! :D

It's just the Cark accent that's really unacceptable ;)

Lies!

You can never have enough sweets. I mean who needs teeth anyways?

Obbie Trice?
    Meh, thats why they invented Worther's Original. The ultimate in candy for the toothless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

And I'm in a relationship with someone I met through this site actually, I just don't bang on about it or discuss it here cos it's not what this site is for. Just because I met someone through this site and am involved with them doesn't mean this is a dating site. Cause and effect shouldn't be confused here.

best thing then is not to watch the thread... if you dont like the contents, then why are you still reading it!!

Until it starts spreading and the forum gets a reputation as a hook-up zone and real conversation becomes near impossible

I can't see that happening really. Think that's just a bit OTT. Boards as a whole is a bit too diverse for something to spread like that.

Hm....I am an almost noob so I am sure u know better...but I think the line is quite thin and it's not always easy or possible to distinguish an "acceptable" getting interested to an unacceptable something that you are describing.
    I have been in some relationship(s) with people from here and while you always try to keep it reasonable and not annoying for other users...the occasional flirting comes up (I see it everyday on many posters behalf)...
    I never said it was a dating site, btw...obviously if someone is interested in someone else the bigger part of the issue comes out in PMs...i am just saying it's strange (to me) all this being surprised at flirting in a place where guys and girls (men and women, people) gather together in number of thousands everyday and also late at night :eek::D

Really just my opionion, sowwy.

For making fun of Cork you are hereby evicted, please do not return within 5 years of this day. Failure to comply will result in being sent to Prison for a term of not less than 2 years, in Limerick though.

Yo mama, whereisa da pasta? (You don't like it when I do it:D)

This entire post was meant in a sarcastic and humourous manner, I realise it's probably not funny to anyone else, but it is to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Oi! I called shotgun!!!1

Yer too young to sit in front, back to the babby seat for you, junior.

*channels bogger lingo*

Ah shure jaysus not a bother on me 'tall a'tall, shure the craic is mighty, begor!

Marriage of miscommunication made in heaven :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Just wondering how many people who use Boards would consider dating or going out with another member?

Would you try it, or is it a big no-no for you? If so, why?

I might, if I had a chance to talk to them for a good few months beforehand. Get to know them and all,and see if any common ground is shared. I've just finished up w/ a girl I thought I really liked (but she was a bad sort,it turned out) so I wouldnt be in any major rush to find anyone. But Id try the above alright.
    Personally, I think given the fact people now spend more time in work, have less time to socialize (in general), Internet Dating seems to have really taken off! I'd rather meet someone on Boards, than join some lame dating site and actively seek out someone :P

I know what youre sayin

Galvasean wrote: »
    Merrice?

Cant understand the word, Galvaesan...explain, please? (me has not all that english)

Italy? well then...
    Ciao bella! :D

It's just the Cark accent that's really unacceptable ;)
    Salve ^_^
    But I like the Cork accent...kinda more funny than manly (sowwwwwyy) but still I like it.
    For making fun of Cork you are hereby evicted, please do not return within 5 years of this day. Failure to comply will result in being sent to Prison for a term of not less than 2 years, in Limerick though.

Yo mama, whereisa da pasta? (You don't like it when I do it:D)

This entire post was meant in a sarcastic and humourous manner, I realise it's probably not funny to anyone else, but it is to me!!!
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...i love this place, let me stay for a while more, plz.

*channels bogger lingo*

Ah shure jaysus not a bother on me 'tall a'tall, shure the craic is mighty, begor!

Marriage of miscommunication made in heaven :D:D
    :p:D
    (I think u mispelled the "beoir" stuff, though lol)

• Advertisement

best thing then is not to watch the thread... if you dont like the contents, then why are you still reading it!!

Why shoudln't I? I'm as entitled to my opinion as everyone else
    I can't see that happening really. Think that's just a bit OTT. Boards as a whole is a bit too diverse for something to spread like that.

Boards as a whole, yes. Individual forums, no.
    Hm....I am an almost noob so I am sure u know better...but I think the line is quite thin and it's not always easy or possible to distinguish an "acceptable" getting interested to an unacceptable something that you are describing.
    I have been in some relationship(s) with people from here and while you always try to keep it reasonable and not annoying for other users...the occasional flirting comes up (I see it everyday on many posters behalf)...
    I never said it was a dating site, btw...obviously if someone is interested in someone else the bigger part of the issue comes out in PMs...i am just saying it's strange (to me) all this being surprised at flirting in a place where guys and girls (men and women, people) gather together in number of thousands everyday and also late at night :eek::D

Really just my opionion, sowwy.

And yet this kind of behaviour only comes out in a very limited number of forums (usually the social forums). Like you said, thousands of people meet on here daily, yet in the vast majority of forums they are able to interact without coming across as horny teenagers. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally reading pages of people desperately looking for attention and flirting for validation makes me not know whether to laugh or retch.

I lol'd

Also I can read your sig without having my head to the side. ability to read upside down and backwards ftw! :D

Cant understand the word, Galvaesan...explain, please? (me has not all that english)

Ever watch Frasier? Well I'm a bit like Niles (so they say) and his ex's name was merrice in the show.

edit: obviously Im not as smartor well articulated as Niles. I mean I come across as a bit awkward and easily startled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally reading pages of people desperately looking for attention and flirting for validation makes me not know whether to laugh or retch.

Well if something made me feel ill id stop doing it, there are plenty of other forums if its that bad. Off you toddle! :D

I was going out with a guy for 2 yrs ( I Think :o) and after getting together we realised we were both on boards! But Ive met guys at beers and I dont see why if two ppl are attracted to each other what the problem is tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I lol'd

Also I can read your sig without having my head to the side. ability to read upside down and backwards ftw! :D

Me too!

When I was little I took to reading like a fish to water. I was reading big old Stephen King novels (like IT) when I was 8 or 9, my mom would have to take me to the library nearly every day because of the speed I went through them, so she made me start reading books upside down to make me slow down so we didn't have to keep going back all the time.

Turned into a rather useful trick, actually. :p

May I suggest you all have a look here

/leaves thread

Salve ^_^
    But I like the Cork accent...kinda more funny than manly (sowwwwwyy) but still I like it.
    Salve :) come siete ?
    It is funny :D
    liah wrote: »
    Me too!

When I was little I took to reading like a fish to water. I was reading big old Stephen King novels (like IT) when I was 8 or 9, my mom would have to take me to the library nearly every day because of the speed I went through them, so she made me start reading books upside down to make me slow down so we didn't have to keep going back all the time.

Turned into a rather useful trick, actually. :p

haha, yeah, handy for reading things other people are reading at the same time!

And yet this kind of behaviour only comes out in a very limited number of forums (usually the social forums). Like you said, thousands of people meet on here daily, yet in the vast majority of forums they are able to interact without coming across as horny teenagers. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally reading pages of people desperately looking for attention and flirting for validation makes me not know whether to laugh or retch.

U said it: "social forums".
    (don't think there's need to explain but...what I mean is: if u come here to follow a specifical interest -dunno...fishing, wrestling, crafting, ect- you'll find many interesting spots and u'll probably be more interested in the specifical discussion...but if u come around mainly to socialize, proably u'll find yourself flirting sometimes at some point...the same that happens in "social life", much less, I think, in your typical philatelic group gathering everything second thurdsday...and so on...Personally, I don't flirt randomly much and don't like it much cause I need to feel special...I have had and have some fave people -not gonna tell lol- on fave fora that I know can take a joke or cause I know them in person or cause they showed me interest and the thing is reciprocal...this is valid not just for flirting but for friendship also).

Sorry but...I am afraid your attitude is coming accross a bit snobby at this point (nothing personal), but maybe is just me. I don't go around trying to find things I don't like to point them out, except I actually care, so except LL is one of your fave fora and you are actually worried for the state of it, which could be, I have no idea.

Well...peace ^_^

How did this get to 10 pages in 1 full day? are we all really that desperate?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

How did this get to 10 pages in 1 full day? are we all really that desperate?:D

Have we all forgotten what was asked? Would you not do you want to!
    Just wondering how many people who use Boards would consider dating or going out with another member?

Would you try it, or is it a big no-no for you? If so, why?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement