Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a Boardsie?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Galvasean wrote: »
    Cut into a million tiny pieces? :confused:

... Oh, I didn't see the sadistic side to it! Now I like the idea even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I have done once, I don't know if I would do so again, it ended terribly, given the person in question was a little bit of a nutjob.

But If I were to try it again, I would definitely talk to the person online for longer before I agreed to meet up with them. I would have to be reasonably certain they are not a certain kind of crazy.

Any takers? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

zuroph wrote: »
    that's a horrible thing to call me. :(. trying to crush my spirit already... I like it ;)

Yeah, I tend to go the route of breaking the spirits of potential partners beforehand so I can ultimately use them as puppets who do my bidding. Tends to work out best that way. :p

In all seriousness though I don't see a problem with meeting up with people from boards with intent but I can see it getting really awkward really easily.

I'd still do it though if I talked to the guy for awhile beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Cut into a million tiny pieces? :confused:

Dried out and stored in kilogram bags.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Dried out and stored in kilogram bags.

Good plan - I wish someone would be on me like Kate Moss on a fresh line of Coke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I have done once, I don't know if I would do so again, it ended terribly, given the person in question was a little bit of a nutjob.

But If I were to try it again, I would definitely talk to the person online for longer before I agreed to meet up with them. I would have to be reasonably certain they are not a certain kind of crazy.

Any takers? :pac:

I dunno, define this certain kind of crazy...
    Good plan - I wish someone would be on me like Kate Moss on a fresh line of Coke!

What, jamming you up their nose?!?!? You're an odd one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i like how both liah and pikachu thanked the sticky mess post ;)

i met an ex gf on something similar to boards years ago, we lasted 2 and a half years. in some ways, u can get to know someone a lot beter through these things.
    But at the same time, you have to remember, that, like texts, each answer can be carefully planned and thought out, so u might not be getting the full story. approach with caution.

but yeah, if i got chatting to someone i liked on here, whats the harm in meeting up and seeing how it goes? :)

but at the same time, you have to remember, that, like texts, each answer can be carefully planned and thought out, so u might not be getting the full story. approach with caution.

That's why, being the nerd that I am, I always insist on talking to someone on vent (or at least skype) beforehand. I suppose phones work too. :pac: But if you manage to have a decent speaking conversation you have a better chance to be okay when faced with it in real life.

but yeah, if i got chatting to someone i liked on here, whats the harm in meeting up and seeing how it goes? :)

... Is that an example of a calculated "carefully planned" answer? :P

liah wrote: »
    That's why, being the nerd that I am, I always insist on talking to someone on vent (or at least skype) beforehand. I suppose phones work too. :pac: But if you manage to have a decent speaking conversation you have a better chance to be okay when faced with it in real life.

Luckily I have spent much time practicing conversational skills and have prepared for any/every scenerio that a woman could come up with.
    Each one deceitful. Mwhahahaha!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Inhaled like a bloodhound?

...i'll stop now.

... Is that an example of a calculated "carefully planned" answer? :P
    why dont we chat IRL and you can make a comparison ;)

Luckily I have spent much time practicing conversational skills and have prepared for any/every scenerio that a woman could come up with.
    Each one deceitful. Mwhahahaha!!!!

Evil, evil man. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Yes (B!ue thinks of someone in particular and :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

liah wrote: »

Not totally true, I am crap on the phone unless it is a formal call, in which case I can't be beaten!!!:D But IRL, I can be quite a talker, although I would sound Nervous for the first 5 mins.

Not totally true, I am crap on the phone unless it is a formal call, in which case I can't be beaten!!!:D But IRL, I can be quite a talker, although I would sound Nervous for the first 5 mins.

I used to be crap on the phone due to a lot of social issues I had due to my horribly messed up past but I made myself get over it and now I'm just myself on it.

But, vent or skype are a lot easier because you're not really obligated into response and it tends to flow more like a realistic conversation moreso than kind of being forced into a timed thing. Get more natural responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i wouldn't plan on it but sometimes it happens and it happened to me awhile back. especially with things such as skype, you can feel more comfortable before meeting them and know they're not some old durty man.
    i would say you never truly know what someones like before you meet and you should be very careful.
    with my boardsie it took six months from first pm to meeting him. would have been sooner if it had not been for distance.

why people think its sad is beyond me but i've gotten some bad reactions. yes i met my guy on the internet but to be fair, you met yours while drunk and pussy footed around each other txt wise for two weeks. *rant over*

why dont we chat IRL and you can make a comparison ;)

Flirtypants! I mean, yes!
    Luckily I have spent much time practicing conversational skills and have prepared for any/every scenerio that a woman could come up with...

Right, so what would your answer to this be ; "Is that Rohypnol in my drink?"

:P
    ...with my boardsie it took six months from first pm to meeting him. would have been sooner if it had not been for distance.

That sounds so cute - "my boardsie" :)
    "Hi everyone, I just wanted you to meet my boardsie" aww :D

"you should be so lucky ;)"

Not exclusively.
    i would say you never truly know what someones like before you meet and you should be very careful.

Heck in some cases you can think you know someone for years and not really know them at all.

• Advertisement

That sounds so cute - "my boardsie" :)
    "Hi everyone, I just wanted you to meet my boardsie" aww :D

:o freudian slip, didn't mean to come off cutesy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Course you'd date a boardsie, why limit yourself to normies.

Heck in some cases you can think you know someone for years and not really know them at all.

Amen to that brother:rolleyes:

Yeah but sure that happens often enough in real life too. It's just people.

"you should be so lucky ;)"

Hahah! Hell, I'd need to be out of it to deal with you!

Not exclusively.

That was brilliant!
    CoachBoone wrote: »
    Course you'd date a boardsie, why limit yourself to normies.

I liked this one! :D

Hahah! Hell, I'd need to be out of it to deal with you!
    shh, less talk, more drinking.

I wouldn't date a boardsie who wrote in text speak though. I find you can tell a lot about a person by the way they write/text/articulate themselves.

shh, less talk, more drinking.

:P
    Might be a good idea - you might seem attractive to me when I'm drunk ;)
    I wouldn't date a boardsie who wrote in text speak though. I find you can tell a lot about a person by the way they write/text/articulate themselves.

YES. I totally agree! I find text speak such a turn off.

Yeah, I'm the same way.

I know it's bad, but I sort of automatically think that anyone using text speak isn't exactly all that smart, and I kind of tend to dismiss what they're saying because of it. Not the right thing to do, but I can't help myself. It's pure reaction.

Also doubt I'd ever waste time on anyone who says "I seen" or "would of" or manages to stuff up any other incredibly, incredibly basic English.

I sound so elitist. :pac: I'm not, really, I just value language. :(

• Advertisement

Probably wouldn't date a boardsie who posted frequently in After Hours either. Or Paranormal. Or Conspiracy Theories.

lol, Im only joking, well not about the After Hours.

Coachboone=Forum Snob

Yeah whatever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement