Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a Boardsie?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

liah wrote: »
    Yeah but sure that happens often enough in real life too. It's just people.

I meant in real ife. Sorry should have made that clearer.

YES. I totally agree! I find text speak such a turn off.

Especially in real life...

*shudder*

CoachBoone wrote: »
    Probably wouldn't date a boardsie who posted frequently in After Hours

:( Pardon me for trying to educate the masses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Yeah, I'm the same way.

I know it's bad, but I sort of automatically think that anyone using text speak isn't exactly all that smart, and I kind of tend to dismiss what they're saying because of it. Not the right thing to do, but I can't help myself. It's pure reaction.

Also doubt I'd ever waste time on anyone who says "I seen" or "would of" or manages to stuff up any other incredibly, incredibly basic English.

I sound so elitist. :pac: I'm not, really, I just value language. :(

Nah its not wrong to dismiss them, if all you can go on is how well/poorly they write well surely your making a decision for you based on the info you have. Makes sense.

Plus, writing something out properly allows a tone to be set. The only tone you get from a raft of text speak littered posts is one of pure laziness.

(checks back over post several times before publishing.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Yeah, I'm the same way.

I know it's bad, but I sort of automatically think that anyone using text speak isn't exactly all that smart, and I kind of tend to dismiss what they're saying because of it. Not the right thing to do, but I can't help myself. It's pure reaction.

Also doubt I'd ever waste time on anyone who says "I seen" or "would of" or manages to stuff up any other incredibly, incredibly basic English.

I sound so elitist. :pac: I'm not, really, I just value language. :(

I'm the same.

I seen sum1 mke a masif spellin mistake n here earlier, I would of tld dem, but I was 2 lzy :P

*shudderrrrr*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I don't even understand the point of text speak, especially with phones-- it's often more complicated to add a new text speak word to your phone dictionary than to just type the stupid normal word. Predictive text is so simple, why even bother keying in stuff like that?

It's also a million times harder to read and makes you look like a tween who aspires to be Legally Blonde... that or you let your chihuahua type your texts for you.

• Advertisement

u no wat i h8 bout dem imigints? dey no speak teh propa langige
    It took a lot longer to write that 'wrongly' than it would have to write it normally.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

so anyway pikachucheeks...

Where do you want someone to ask you out to?

Actually, interesting question and one I suspect I know the answer too but sure aren't we all here for a bit of discussion.

Would you date a boardsie not knowing what he/she looked like or would you try and find out what they looked like first?

Galvasean wrote: »
    u no wat i h8 bout dem imigints? dey no speak teh propa langige

I like how your text speak was a rant at foreigners :P

so anyway pikachucheeks...

Where do you want someone to ask you out to?

Did I say I wanted to be asked out? How desperate classy of me!
    :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so is there a reason you grammar nazis aren't using ye olde english? Maybe latin, if you want to be real anal about it.

• Advertisement

so is there a reason you grammar nazis aren't using ye olde english? Maybe latin, if you want to be real anal about it.

2 lazee.

I'd probably try to find out what they looked like first.. not for any superficial reason or anything, it's just I can usually suss out character fairly well by facial appearance paired with previous textual knowledge. I'd rather spot a creep online before I get confronted with one unawares in person, you know? Plus people are prone to dishonesty.

Facebook tends to be a decent verifier, actually-- you at least know you're getting what's in the pictures is the real person, and you can get a little insight to their personality there, too.

I'm always a bit wary of people who don't want to show themselves. Never know what they're hiding in that case.

Actually, interesting question and one I suspect I know the answer too but sure aren't we all here for a bit of discussion.

Would you date a boardsie not knowing what he/she looked like or would you try and find out what they looked like first?

Hmmm, I'd like to say I wouldn't check out to see what they looked like first, but deep down I know I would.
    I like how your text speak was a rant at foreigners :P

I like how you didn't dismiss it and took the time to decipher it.

I'd have to know what they looked like ... I don't think I'd be comfortable going on a Blind Date - I'll leave that to Stevie Wonder ;)

I know it sounds shallow, but there'd have to be a physical attraction before I'd agree to go on a date with someone...

I'd have to know what they looked like ... I don't think I'd be comfortable going on a Blind Date - I'll leave that to Stevie Wonder ;)

I know it sounds shallow, but there'd have to be a physical attraction before I'd agree to go on a date with someone...

Interesting, you JUST posted a photo of yourself in the pic thread.

Hmmm, I'd like to say I wouldn't check out to see what they looked like first, but deep down I know I would.

I like how you didn't dismiss it and took the time to decipher it.

haha :)

Deep down? Mate, I know you've already been searching through tLL photo thread looking for me!

I just posted a photo for your convenience!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i would need to see a few pictures in natural settings and i would meet them first to verify they were who they said they were before dating them. Again skypes a big help, photos are so deceiving.

i would get to know a boardsie without knowing what they looked like but if i was to date them i'd need to know.

Interesting, you JUST posted a photo of yourself in the pic thread.

See, I was right! You had just been looking ;)

Another one bites the dust...!

i would need to see a few pictures in natural settings and i would meet them first to verify they were who they said they were before dating them. Again skypes a big help, photos are so deceiving.

i would get to know a boardsie without knowing what they looked like but if i was to date them i'd need to know.

Imagine, someone from boards asks you on a date ;

"Maybe. But first, I'll need several photos of your in natural settings... Could you try out some poses as well? - I'd like a bit of variation!"

I'd Date me tbh. I'm awesome.

• Advertisement

I'd Date me tbh. I'm awesome.

Well, that's proof enough! Let's go!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'd date joe as well, he has the calm demeanour and soft voice of a generous and gifted lover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Imagine, someone off boards asks you on a date ;

"Maybe. But first, I'll need several photos of your in natural settings... Could you try out some poses as well, I'd like a bit of variation!"

lol thankfully i didn't need to ask, no posery photos from himself were on boards. just natural head on shots. although he does look good in b&w. :pac:

haha :)

Deep down? Mate, I know you've already been searching through tLL photo thread looking for me!

I just posted a photo for your convenience!
    See, I was right! You had just been looking ;)

Another one bites the dust...!

Not exactly. I spotted it on the boards homepage. And I dont think my OH would appreciate me 'rootin' for wimmins.
    Imagine, someone from boards asks you on a date ;

"Maybe. But first, I'll need several photos of your in natural settings... Could you try out some poses as well? - I'd like a bit of variation!"

I'd admirethe honesty.

I'd date joe as well, he has the calm demeanour and soft voice of a generous and gifted lover.

:o

Yeah same.

Heh you just posted a pic of herself in the "comeallyouboardsmalesandhaveagander" thread too. I think you are subliminally messaging all the males that read this forum.

Natural settings? Like? I can't see you finding many of these photos. People tend to put up ones that make them appear attractive. Having some of you in a pub somewhere with your mates, all red cheeked, goofy smiled and bleary eyed isn't what I would expect to find.

Agent and Captain, our new boardsie couple ;)

Awwww, that could be such a cute couple, you two should totally go for it!

Heh you just posted a pic of herself in the "comeallyouboardsmalesandhaveagander" thread too. I think you are subliminally messaging all the males that read this forum..

... Nothing subliminal about that :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd admirethe honesty.

What? lol. I would be entirely freaked out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement