Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Moyes LMA Manager of the year

• 26-05-2009 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/moyes-takes-lma-award.html

Richly Deserved also, has done heroics for most of the season.

Everton are the only team to have gate crashed the sky 4 party, and look like being the best placed team to do so again next season.

Unlike a lot of Managers [no names given!] Moyes doesn't sprout bs and not many have bad things to say about him. If he had the money which other teams have Everton would be having a laugh

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i have a lot of respect for moyes so im glad to see him get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

He's got red hair, we don't care....

David-Moyes-5.16.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

fully deserved.

without a fully fit strike force for much of the season, he has done wonders.

everton should be counting their blessings.

hodgson must have been a close second surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Bluetonic wrote: »
    He's got red hair, no silver wear, Davey, Davey Moyes

David-Moyes-5.16.gif

Fixed that for ye. ;)
    Great Manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

woy was wobbed

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    Fixed that for ye. ;)
    Great Manager
    I thought Rafa would have won it myself. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I thought Rafa would have won it myself. :rolleyes:

Cheapest dig of the year by a long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah he is well deserving of the award. Everton have consistently overachieved under him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

for what its worth, I think Everton are in a far healthier position than Liverpool right now and the tide may be changing on the Mersey.

Everton have a crop of up and coming stars in the making, Jack Rodwell will be playing for England in a few years and will be worth 20Million in no time. Gerrard is a fantastic player, but is shoving on a bit, they rely on himself and Torres far too much.

if we sign Mouthinho - A midfield of Arteta, Rodwell, Piennear, Fellaini, Mouthinho, Neville and Osman is not to be sniffed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

legs11 wrote: »
    for what its worth, I think Everton are in a far healthier position than Liverpool right now and the tide may be changing on the Mersey.

Everton have a crop of up and coming stars in the making, Jack Rodwell will be playing for England in a few years and will be worth 20Million in no time. Gerrard is a fantastic player, but is shoving on a bit, they rely on himself and Torres far too much.

if we sign Mouthinho - A midfield of Arteta, Rodwell, Piennear, Fellaini, Mouthinho, Neville and Osman is not to be sniffed at.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    Cheapest dig of the year by a long shot.
    Seriously, he managed a record points total in recent years with a pittance to spend. I wonder why the other managers didn't vote for him?

that's one of the more wishful thinking statements i've seen in quite a while, especially after our best Premier League season ever.

but each to their own i suppose.

just promise me you won't be calling for David Moyes' head when he doesn't reach those standards.

Obviously people here never heard of Jack Rodwell, but thats fine by Everton. :rolleyes:

Soon Everton will have more players in the English team than Liverpool in fact as 90% of the Liverpool side will be of latin origin

Seriously, he managed a record points total in recent years with a pittance to spend. I wonder why the other managers didn't vote for him?

moyes doesnt have a pittance to spend tho

he spends a lot of blood money, but somehow he manages to keep the "poor everton" thing going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Obviously people here never heard of Jack Rodwell, but thats fine by Everton. :rolleyes:

do you think this lad is sooooo good that he will close the MASSIVE gap between the two clubs?

You realise if he turns out to be as good as you think he'll just be bought by a top club?

Soon Everton will have more players in the English team than Liverpool in fact as 90% of the Liverpool side will be of latin origin

and this means you'll overtake us?

how exactly?

Helix wrote: »
    moyes doesnt have a pittance to spend tho

he spends a lot of blood money, but somehow he manages to keep the "poor everton" thing going
    Great.

I clearly wasn't talking about Moyes.

woah there horsey

i like everton, but remember you finished 1 point ahead of a team who won TWICE in 15 games at the end of the season and still 9 points behind an arsenal team who had their poorest season for a long long while

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Everton have a crop of up and coming stars in the making, Jack Rodwell will be playing for England in a few years and will be worth 20Million in no time.

So he's signing for United then?

It was probably between Moyes, Hodgson and Pulis in the end, couldn't really argue about any of them getting it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Moyes has really done a consistently great job at Everton in fairness to him.

This thread really should not turn into a mickey waving contest.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    This thread really should not turn into a mickey waving contest.

they started it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    do you think this lad is sooooo good that he will close the MASSIVE gap between the two clubs?

You realise if he turns out to be as good as you think he'll just be bought by a top club?

so are you saying everton are a small club ?

Im sure if you did research into the outlay of the top 4 since the start of the sky 4 era and compare if with the spending's of Everton you would see a considerable difference.

Villa, Spurs and City have far more funds than Everton. Bill Kenwright had to remortage his house to get Fellaini... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

I think Everton are in a far healthier position than Liverpool right now and the tide may be changing on the Mersey.

Comic Genius :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

What???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iv massive respect for moyes, brilliant manager imo

Im sure if you did research into the outlay of the top 4 since the start of the sky 4 era and compare if with the spending's of Everton you would see a considerable difference.

Villa, Spurs and City have far more funds than Everton. Bill Kenwright had to remortage his house to get Fellaini... :rolleyes:

all true; and is further proof that Moyes deserves the award.

it still isn't proof that Jack Rodwell is going to be the catalyst for you overtaking Liverpool.

and that's all that people were disputing.

woah there horsey

i like everton, but remember you finished 1 point ahead of a team who won TWICE in 15 games at the end of the season and still 9 points behind an arsenal team who had their poorest season for a long long while

you could counteract that by saying,Everton didn't get going until Villa fluked a 3:2 win at Goodison park also, thats a lot of points squandered also.

but each to their own

Villa fluked a 3:2 win at Goodison park

ah here lads.

• Advertisement

um, no actually. In the same way Arteta, Lecsott ,Yobo and Piennear are not going to 'TOP' clubs.

;)

um, no actually. In the same way Arteta, Lecsott ,Yobo and Piennear are not going to 'TOP' clubs.

;)

*cough* wayne...what's his name again?? *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Fully deserved. Would love to see him at Chelsea. Was he playing anyone else in the cup final I'd be rooting for him.

I think Everton are in a far healthier position than Liverpool right now and the tide may be changing on the Mersey.

Liverpool finished this season 10 points better off than last season.

Everton finished this season 2 points worse off than last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

;)

Listen mate you're making a spectacle of yourself here.

I like all those players, but none would get in Liverpool's team imo.

Well done Moyes though. Excellent manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well I'd have given it to Woy but Moyes did well after a catastrophic opening 8 games or so and many injuries. I'd swap Lucas for Arteta.

• Advertisement

Any chance we can have two threads for the LMA Manager of the Year.

One for the children and one for those who want to congratulate the man and maybe discuss the merits of the award.

For the doubters or people with rose tinted glasses.. :pac:

season from 92/93 until 2008/2009

players bough players sold

Combined Totals £194,745,000 £139,270,000 EVERTON
    Combined Totals £380,115,000 £177,670,000 LIVERPOOL
    Combined Totals £259,940,000 £180,724,000 ARSENAL
    Combined Totals £538,690,000 £185,750,000 CHELSEA
    Combined Totals £391,150,000 £190,565,000 MAN U
    Combined Totals £356,600,000 £174,317,500 SPURS
    combined Totals £218,190,000 £92,225,000 VILLA
    Combined Totals £274,380,000 £80,553,000 CITY

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Link please?

eagle eye wrote: »
    maybe discuss the merits of the award.

Congrats to him, he's done a super job at Everton but he didn't deserve it IMHO.

Roy Hogson brought Fulham from 17th position last year to 7th this year.

Everton finished this season with a lesser points total than last season.

Roy should have won this award IMHO.

To translate that into words you could say Everton are not even in the top 10 in terms of spending in this league since 1992 and yet we are the 4th most successful club in English footballing history.

Which would lead to the opinion of Everton's shoddy running and board members in the 90s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Should've gone to Phil Brown.

/runs

Tom65 wrote: »
    Should've gone to Phil Brown.

/runs

:eek:

Phil Brown has his own virtual LMA Manager of the league accolade on his mantel piece already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

To translate that into words you could say Everton are not even in the top 10 in terms of spending in this league since 1992 and yet we are the 4th most successful club in English footballing history.

Which would lead to the opinion of Everton's shoddy running and board members in the 90s.

right. going by your logic -

Liverpool spent the 2nd/3rd most in the last 10 years, but were the most succesful club in the 70s and 80s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

BS. We had to sell Rooney because of the agent acting the maggot, In hindsite this was the best thing that could have happened to us.
    woah there horsey

Take into account our disastor ridden start of the season. Losses against BBurn and Pompey. Also a late equalizer by Arsenal at GP and Villas flukey last minute goal. Thats an extra 10points which would have us in the CL position

SlickRic wrote: »
    *cough* wayne...what's his name again?? *cough*
    Jeez are you that forgetful. Rooney. We got 30mil plus the best keeper in the PL from his sale. Worked out well
    Hephaestus wrote: »
    Liverpool finished this season 10 points better off than last season.

Everton finished this season 2 points worse off than last season.

See above

I would have all those players over Liverpools players bar Gerrard and Torres. Liverpool also have no young players coming through. Everton have Gosling (Liverpool should remember his name) Rodwell, James Wallace, Jose Baxter, Agard and the list goes on.

Also for the record I think Woy should have got the award, he's had a fantastic season with Fulham

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

moyes took over everton in 2002, since then their spending has been:

£8,250,000 in 02
    £2,450,000 in 03
    £11,250,000 in 04
    £27,600,000 in 05
    £7,000,000 in 06
    £19,250,000 in 08
    £15,000,000 in 09
    £90.8m total

villa, for the same time period was:

£2,250,000 in 02
    £9,000,000 in 03
    £2,350,000 in 04
    £11,000,000 in 05
    £24,650,000 in 06
    £8,750,000 in 07
    £48,400,000 in 08
    £104.8m total

now, if it wasnt for a splurge and a half last season, everton would have spent far in excess of villa over those years. if moyes is on a shoestring, then villa havent been too much better off

Take into account our disastor ridden start of the season. Losses against BBurn and Pompey. Also a late equalizer by Arsenal at GP and Villas flukey last minute goal. Thats an extra 10points which would have us in the CL position

to be fair, there wasnt much flukey about villas last minute goal.

but by your logic, had villa won just 3 more (united, stoke and west ham as prime examples) and drawn 2 more from the absolutely disastrous run since feb 8th where they only won TWO games, theyd have finished in the champions league spots

everton arent the new heirs to the throne no more than villa are, but to say that theyre in a much healthier position than liverpool who only lost twice all season in the league and finished just 4 points off the pace is the stuff of lunacy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Well done Mr Moyes. I would have liked Roy to get it but take nothing from Moyes everton team.

I would have all those players over Liverpools players bar Gerrard and Torres.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

i'm not going to even bother listing players.

The same Liverpool team who couldn't beat the Everton reserve team in the FA Cup this year? :rolleyes:

Arteta, Lecsott ,Yobo and Piennear would walk into any side. Unless you cant see their real value behind rose tinted glasses

moyes took over everton in 2002, since then their spending has been:

£8,250,000 in 02
    £2,450,000 in 03
    £11,250,000 in 04
    £27,600,000 in 05
    £7,000,000 in 06
    £19,250,000 in 08
    £15,000,000 in 09
    £90.8m total

villa, for the same time period was:

£2,250,000 in 02
    £9,000,000 in 03
    £2,350,000 in 04
    £11,000,000 in 05
    £24,650,000 in 06
    £8,750,000 in 07
    £48,400,000 in 08
    £104.8m total

now, if it wasnt for a splurge and a half last season, everton would have spent far in excess of villa over those years. if moyes is on a shoestring, then villa havent been too much better off

Well To be fair Im not talking about Villa here really, Its more to do with Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

but Villa have [apparently] a billionaire owner also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement