Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Moyes LMA Manager of the year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Voltwad wrote: »
    Haven't you noticed the anti Everton agenda on MOTD? Setanta's Tim Sherwood has a vendetta against us and we only usually get about 4 seconds on The Premiership highlights unless we play one of the Sky 4. Whenever we do well we're deemed overachievers although in my opinion we've a fine squad of players that should be in Europe

Not to mention the print-media. Sometimes , especially of a Monday there is no report whatsoever on the Everton match. But really 75% + of all coverage is on Liverpool and Utd. as they are the 2 biggest clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Warper wrote: »
    Not to mention the print-media. Sometimes , especially of a Monday there is no report whatsoever on the Everton match. But really 75% + of all coverage is on Liverpool and Utd. as they are the 2 biggest clubs.

awww.... poor you.

you're not the only club you know? It's a simply case of the market wanting more information on the higher profile clubs. People ask, the media deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Moyes to Celtic..:pac:..i laughed when i heard that....Unreal job hes done though..deserves it seen as he played a fair few games without any form of a striker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Yobo ahead of any of Skrtel, Agger or Carra – no chance.
    Arteta ahead of Alonso – no chance
    Lescott ahead of Aurelio – not for me, but some may disagree

They may be good young players of which you speak (imo only Rodwell looks top class out of them), but you have absolutely no idea about the youth setup at Liverpool or the players coming through. You’ve probably already seen and heard of Insua who I reckon will be top class. Watch out for names like Nemeth, Pacheco, Dalla Valle, Amoo and others before you start spouting nonsense.

None of them would get in Liverpool’s team.
    So you knocked us out of the FA cup. But what about this – we only have two good players (to Everton’s half dozen plus), they only played just over a dozen league games together and we still finished on 86 points. That’s 24 ahead of Everton by the way.

You can also say that Liverpool’s squad is the 5th most expensive in the PL, but we’re the 2nd best team on this season’s form

Yeah we’ve been a real joke.
    Only 86 points.
    Only 2 defeats.
    Only 5 defeats in our last 77 games.
    Imagine what we’d achieve if Yobo was in our team.

Soooooooooooooooo

In other words Liverpool have won diddly squat after a hefty spending spree [including a certain robbie keane] in 2008.

Liverpoool will never ever win a title under raffa benitez and long may the bitter Spaniard continue to manage Liverpool.

Also, Everton's young players are far superior to Liverpools, I never heard of any of the ones you mentioned, do you think they will actually get a game under the influx of expensive foreign recruits that Benitez has a passion for?

Dan Gosling, Jack Rodwell, James Vaughan et al actually do get a chance to play for the first team. :rolleyes:

Not really - it is likely that they would not have spent that 27million, or not spent close to that if they had not sold Rooney to United. They sold a player and used the proceeds to fund player purchases....isn't that what is supposed to happen.

selling Rooney was the best thing to have happened to Everton actually.

and he is just a classless players anyway, gloating at the opposition at every opportunity and his head got too big for his arse and when that happens only one thing to do

compare that to Robbie Keane, did he gloat the anfield faithful or run up to rafa benitez and **** off in front of him when he scored on the last day.

rosboy wrote: »
    legg11, I just want to thank you for your contributions to this thread so far. Your dillusional views just kept making me smile. I actually laughed at one stage.

Back to the thread, and well done to David Moyes. Personnally I'd have given the award to Hodgson, but I can't begrudge Moyes one bit. He has constructed a very hard working, well organised team that are hard to beat and can find the net too.

IIRC SAF said a few weeks ago that he would like to see Moyes take over at Man U when Fergie finally retires.

how old are you, 16?

Haven't you noticed the anti Everton agenda on MOTD? Setanta's Tim Sherwood has a vendetta against us and we only usually get about 4 seconds on The Premiership highlights unless we play one of the Sky 4. Whenever we do well we're deemed overachievers although in my opinion we've a fine squad of players that should be in Europe

That is Correct sir

and now Sky have to get another team to replace NUFC [plc]...

but Everton fans couldnt give a flying fluck what others think of the club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Rafa would have won it if he didnt blow the best chance Liverpool ever had of winning the league.
    Was a toss up between Moyes(for getting everton that high up after start and injuries hes had and no money) or Hodgson for getting Fulham in Europe specially after last season

Despite a rousing finale from Liverpool, the title was always in Man U's bag. even when Liverpool were top the bookies still had Man U odds on favs, and the bookies don't get it wrong [mostly]

And Rafa will never win it as long as he keeps coming out with these gems.

"The champions are the team with the most points...if United have more points, it means they have more points, that's all. Nothing else.".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

legs11 wrote: »
    Despite a rousing finale from Liverpool, the title was always in Man U's bag. even when Liverpool were top the bookies still had Man U odds on favs, and the bookies don't get it wrong [mostly]

"The champions are the team with the most points...if United have more points, it means they have more points, that's all. Nothing else.".

lmao at all of this. wouldn't know where to start.

but on topic, you'd better hope Moyes stays at the club. awesome manager. deserves every ounce of respect and praise he gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Moyes has done well.

Hodgson should have won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I honestly thought Hodgson would have got it, but I'm glad Moyes got it in the end...

Great season for Everton after the terrible start. All we need now is the cup to top of a good season. I just hope they use this as a platform to make that push for top 4 next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Soooooooooooooooo

In other words Liverpool have won diddly squat after a hefty spending spree [including a certain robbie keane] in 2008.

Liverpoool will never ever win a title under raffa benitez and long may the bitter Spaniard continue to manage Liverpool.

Also, Everton's young players are far superior to Liverpools, I never heard of any of the ones you mentioned, do you think they will actually get a game under the influx of expensive foreign recruits that Benitez has a passion for?

Dan Gosling, Jack Rodwell, James Vaughan et al actually do get a chance to play for the first team. :rolleyes:

And that's the reason you finished sooooooooo far behind liverpool this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

for what its worth, I think Everton are in a far healthier position than Liverpool right now and the tide may be changing on the Mersey.

Everton have a crop of up and coming stars in the making, Jack Rodwell will be playing for England in a few years and will be worth 20Million in no time. Gerrard is a fantastic player, but is shoving on a bit, they rely on himself and Torres far too much.

if we sign Mouthinho - A midfield of Arteta, Rodwell, Piennear, Fellaini, Mouthinho, Neville and Osman is not to be sniffed at.

Well with a 7 man midfield you will win everything;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

daithijjj wrote: »
    Moyes has done well.

Hodgson should have won it.
    I honestly thought Hodgson would have got it, but I'm glad Moyes got it in the end...

Great season for Everton after the terrible start. All we need now is the cup to top of a good season. I just hope they use this as a platform to make that push for top 4 next season.

Agreed. After two seasons of barely surviving relegation Hodgson has them in 7th place. An amazing achievement considering the state they have been in for the past few years.

But fair dues to Moyes, he is slowly but surely building something special at Everton. He'd be mental to go to Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

thegen wrote: »
    [/B]

Well with a 7 man midfield you will win everything;)
    It'll give us the strenth in depth we haven't had before, which ultimately made us fall away from the top 4 last season and what will hopefully help us push on. We also severely need a left back and a winger with a bit of pace.

It'll give us the strenth in depth we haven't had before, which ultimately made us fall away from the top 4 last season and what will hopefully help us push on. We also severely need a left back and a winger with a bit of pace.

I wasnt having a pop at Everton only the post. I know he meant a midfield squad, but he typed it differently.

Glad to see Moyes winning the award.

Howard

Hibbert (since his last injury he's lost any sort of pace he had, not a bad tackler but is nowhere near good enough whn you compare him to the likes of Glen Johnson)
    Lescott
    Jagielka
    Baines

Osman (one of my favourite players but unfortunately for Ossie we need something a little more dangerous on the wing, should be replaced but kept as a squad player)
    Arteta
    Fellaini
    Pienaar

Cahill
    Yakubu

We also have Neville, Rodwell, Yobo, Gosling, Jacobsen, Vaughan and Anichebe (he may get shipped out)

Add a winger, right back and Joao Moutinho to that and anything less than 6th would be a disappointment next season.

Big season for Everton and Moyes if he has aspirations of taking Sir Alex's job, hopefully he's too much an Evertonian for that now :)
    A squad is needed for this Europa League which could entail as much as 17 extra games. If we don't build this summer then we'll either be out of that before too long or our league position will suffer greatly. If we succeed in both then Moyesy will win this award again

thegen wrote: »
    I wasnt having a pop at Everton only the post. I know he meant a midfield squad, but he typed it differently.

Glad to see Moyes winning the award.

I was merely stating the strength in dept of the Everton squad. Jack Rodwell is going to be awesome and will almost certainly play for England sooner rather than later

Im sure Moyes is not too worried with Liverpool's squad too much either.

Dossena, El Zhar and co are not exactly setting the world alight...

• Advertisement

I was merely stating the strength in dept of the Everton squad. Jack Rodwell is going to be awesome and will almost certainly play for England sooner rather than later

Why bring up Liverpool??????????????????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

So you disagree with this then?!?

What strength in depth? We're on the verge of breaking point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

i'm sure he's not. More concerned with Fulhams and Villas.

Look, i have a lot of respect for Moyes and Everton. But you're making a complete ass of yourself here. Liverpool are, like it or not, in a different league to Everton. Dossena, El Zhar and co are not setting the world alight. But thankfully Reina, Skrtel, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Benayoun, Gerrard, Torres and co are.

What strength in depth? We're on the verge of breaking point.

Fellaini, Cahill, Rodwell, Arteta, Piennear, Neville, Gosling, Mouthinho [?], Osman

Is pretty strong for the middle of the park. Castillo is likely to leave.

We need a few signings but lets see what Moyes has up his sleeve

i'm sure he's not. More concerned with Fulhams and Villas.

Look, i have a lot of respect for Moyes and Everton. But you're making a complete ass of yourself here. Liverpool are, like it or not, in a different league to Everton. Dossena, El Zhar and co are not setting the world alight. But thankfully Reina, Skrtel, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Benayoun, Gerrard, Torres and co are.

19 years without a league title would tell otherwise...

• Advertisement

that Liverpool aren't way ahead of Everton?
    I'm not arguing that we've been the most succesful team or near it of the last 2 decades.

Look I'm not a Liuverpool fan. But I have to say your heads up your ars_

Cop On

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

on a budget next to nothing, Everton along with Barcelona were the only teams to stop Man U - so richly deserved David Moyes - my fear is he will go within the year , if Everton don't find some serious dosh

thebaz wrote: »
    on a budget next to nothing, Everton along with Barcelona were the only teams to stop Man U

...in cup competitions, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

SlickRic wrote: »
    that's one of the more wishful thinking statements i've seen in quite a while, especially after our best Premier League season ever.

but each to their own i suppose.

just promise me you won't be calling for David Moyes' head when he doesn't reach those standards.

Might just be the funniest post ever. Everton beat United on pens after playing for a draw against a weakened United team. They (as usual) lost to United at old Trafford. Everton did beat Liverpool in the (really important) FA CUP but didnt beat them in the League, losing at home and drawing away. Liverpool beat United (easily) twice in the league.

Yeah the tide is turning on merseyside alright.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Aldini98 wrote: »
    Might just be the funniest post ever. Everton beat United on pens after playing for a draw against a weakened United team. They (as usual) lost to United at old Trafford. Everton did beat Liverpool in the (really important) FA CUP but didnt beat them in the League, losing at home and drawing away. Liverpool beat United (easily) twice in the league.

Yeah the tide is turning on merseyside alright.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Says the Liverpool fan... I bet it would be very important if you were in it like 2001 was it important then ?????? Was it important v West Ham ???
    Yeah I bet you it was very important.
    Liverpool beat United twice / Chelsea twice so what - What have you got to show for it . nada Zlich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

fair play david moyes well deserved and a very good manager.

not going to get involved with some of the brain dead comments in the rest on the thread they are just lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Says the Liverpool fan... I bet it would be very important if you were in it like 2001 was it important then ?????? Was it important v West Ham ???
    Yeah I bet you it was very important.
    Liverpool beat United twice / Chelsea twice so what - What have you got to show for it . nada Zlich

Champions League next year baby ! Unlike Everton. Chelsea to win on Saturday.

Moyes = over-rated.
    Standard outside the top 4 is shocking. Same 4 will occupy the top 4 positions again next season.

Aldini98 wrote: »
    Champions League next year baby ! Unlike Everton. Chelsea to win on Saturday.

Moyes = over-rated.
    Standard outside the top 4 is shocking. Same 4 will occupy the top 4 positions again next season.

At the end of the day Liverpool are the ones under achieving, one of the biggest spenders in the last decade with zero league titles and a clue less manager who it seems is hell bent on using spaniards for success.

If Benitez was in charge of Liverpool before Gerrard and Carragher [2 of the few locals to break into the 1st team] established themselves ,they would not even have made it at Liverpool and would be playing else where, Liverpool's treatment of youngsters is shocking. Not a chance of getting into the first team. [Unless you are Spanish, dutch or the like bye bye.]

And over relying on foreign billionaires for cash and no new stadium on the horizon not such a rosy future.

At the end of the day Liverpool are the ones under achieving, one of the biggest spenders in the last decade with zero league titles and a clue less manager who it seems is hell bent on using spaniards for success.

If Benitez was in charge of Liverpool before Gerrard and Carragher [2 of the few locals to break into the 1st team] established themselves ,they would not even have made it at Liverpool and would be playing else where, Liverpool's treatment of youngsters is shocking. Not a chance of getting into the first team. [Unless you are Spanish, dutch or the like bye bye.]

And over relying on foreign billionaires for cash and no new stadium on the horizon not such a rosy future.

where to begin?

Benitez is not responsible for what came before him. He has spent only money he has generated from player sales and from some outstanding performances in Europe.

Why is our treatment of youngsters shocking? What youngster has been mistreated by Liverpool.
    The truth is the likes of Rodwell (however good you may think he'll be in the future) and Gosling are nowhere near good enough for Liverpool (one goal against us doesn't disprove that before you start). It takes more to become a first teamer at Anfield. that's just a fact.
    Your posts are equal parts delusion, ignorance and xenophobia.

where to begin?

Benitez is not responsible for what came before him. He has spent only money he has generated from player sales and from some outstanding performances in Europe.

Why is our treatment of youngsters shocking? What youngster has been mistreated by Liverpool.
    The truth is the likes of Rodwell (however good you may think he'll be in the future) and Gosling are nowhere near good enough for Liverpool (one goal against us doesn't disprove that before you start). It takes more to become a first teamer at Anfield. that's just a fact.
    Your posts are equal parts delusion, ignorance and xenophobia.

Benitez would not have gave Carragher and Gerrard a chance to play in his side if they were not already established in the first team.

Liverpool supporters by and large need to remove their thick rimmed glasses and look beneath the surface, I for one cannot believe the way Benitez is worshipped, As long as he is in charge of Liverpool they have no hope of winning a league. For a club priding itself as being one of the best in the world is ridiculous, almost 2 decades without a title is almost as bad as Everton in fairness.

I have heard from a friend in Liverpool who was let go from their youth team recently [a local scouse], Benitez said he wants to bring in dutch,spanish players et all. says it all really

And if I was a Liverpool fan I would be pretty worried about even finishing 4th next season.

Teams Like Everton, Villa, Man City, Spurs are all eying that spot.

But carry on with your underachieving spaniard by all accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I have heard from a friend in Liverpool who was let go from their youth team recently [a local scouse], Benitez said he wants to bring in dutch,spanish players et all. says it all really

Thats a downright lie.

Rafa told your mate he was letting him go cause he wanted to bring in Spanish Dutch etc instead of locals?

There is not enough rolleyes in the world to show how silly a statement that is.
    And if I was a Liverpool fan I would be pretty worried about even finishing 4th next season.

Actually i think you'll find Liverpool fans are fairly looking forward to next season. We improved massively again this year as we have every year under Benitez.

In fact as someone pointed out to you, we finished second improving last years points tally by 10 points....Everton finished fifth, 1 point worse off than last year... never getting near the CL spots despite Villa & Arsenals implosions at various points throughout the season....yet Liverpool fans should be worried :rolleyes:

If i was an Everton fan i'd be more worried about my own club tbh.

Benitez would not have gave Carragher and Gerrard a chance to play in his side if they were not already established in the first team.

Liverpool supporters by and large need to remove their thick rimmed glasses and look beneath the surface, I for one cannot believe the way Benitez is worshipped, As long as he is in charge of Liverpool they have no hope of winning a league. For a club priding itself as being one of the best in the world is ridiculous, almost 2 decades without a title is almost as bad as Everton in fairness.

now i'm saying this trying to show as much respect to you as I can...

are you serious? or are you just f***ing about?

because if you're serious, i'm extremely worried. there is absolutely no logic to anything you've said...just random assumptions about how you think Rafa's mind works, in order to try and further justify you're hatred of Liverpool. i mean Carra and Stevie wouldn't be rated good enough by Rafa? he regularly lauds both as two of our most important players. he's not racist. i mean he was after Barry too FFS, and bought Pennant. just these last couple of days he's mentioned Martin Kelly again, and it looks like he'll get more of a chance next year. yep...he hates the English :rolleyes:

i suspect you're just exhibiting some sort of deep inferiority complex towards Liverpool, since you have to know we're in good shape. you're apparently just hoping and praying to everything you hold dear that Liverpool Football Club is falling apart, when nothing could be further from the truth.

worried about 4th? based on this season? based on the last 10 games? you're grand thanks...

Our squad is well ahead of Everton's; and Moyes has done wonders to get you in the shape you are.

and by the way, you're 2 points worse off than last year, and we're 10 points better. but don't let stats get in the way either.

now, here's to hoping you're just taking the p*ss.

now i'm saying this trying to show as much respect to you as I can...

are you serious? or are you just f***ing about?

because if you're serious, i'm extremely worried. there is absolutely no logic to anything you've said...just random assumptions about how you think Rafa's mind works, in order to try and further justify you're hatred of Liverpool. i mean Carra and Stevie wouldn't be rated good enough by Rafa? he regularly lauds both as two of our most important players. he's not racist. i mean he was after Barry too FFS, and bought Pennant. just these last couple of days he's mentioned Martin Kelly again, and it looks like he'll get more of a chance next year. yep...he hates the English :rolleyes:

i suspect you're just exhibiting some sort of deep inferiority complex towards Liverpool, since you have to know we're in good shape. you're apparently just hoping and praying to everything you hold dear that Liverpool Football Club is falling apart, when nothing could be further from the truth.

worried about 4th? based on this season? based on the last 10 games? you're grand thanks...

Our squad is well ahead of Everton's; and Moyes has done wonders to get you in the shape you are.

and by the way, you're 2 points worse off than last year, and we're 10 points better. but don't let stats get in the way either.

now, here's to hoping you're just taking the p*ss.

No, Im quite serious. Raffa does not give a chance to local lads thats all I'm at also some of his purchases have left a lot to be desired.

now prove me wrong.. we all know carragher and gerrard are great players [even if evertonians hate them, but thats another thing :D] but they were already established by the time raffa arrived.

had they not made themselves so well known it could be argued they would never have even got a chance, what players have liverpool produced in recent years. [and i don't mean owen and fowler.]

I still think Liverpool have absolutely no hope of winning a league under Benitez, he is very good in europe but i wouldn't hold my breath on him winning a title for the pool anytime soon.

And if Benitez is so good why is it that Moyes has 3 LMA awards, so many in fact Everton should 'keep' the league. :)

I'm sure you wont have the balls but are you willing to put you're money were you're mouth is?

• Advertisement

some of his purchases have left a lot to be desired.

everyone has hits and misses, everyone. moyes has been great in the transfer market in general, but rafa has also brought in quality. nando, garcia, skrtel, arbeloa, riera...i could go on. he's not been bad. this conversation's been had umpteen times on these forums so i'm not doing it again.
    now prove me wrong.. we all know carragher and gerrard are great players [even if evertonians hate them, but thats another thing :D] but they were already established by the time raffa arrived.

have you thought that maybe, just maybe, the english ones aren't as good as the foreign ones. everton aren't at Liverpool's level so we don't have room for a Rodwell in our first team yet. everton are in a fortunate position to have that many english prospects. good luck to you. just because they're english doesn't make him a better manager :confused: what nationality are most of utd's, arsenal's and chelsea's youngsters? and anyway, i've already mentioned underage national captain Martin Kelly; and englishman who'll be getting his chance' plus there's one or 2 others. so again, Rafa ain't racist. maybe his standards are higher than yours?
    had they not made themselves so well known it could be argued they would never have even got a chance, what players have liverpool produced in recent years. [and i don't mean owen and fowler.

it could be argued, but there is nothing to suggest that it be true. Rafa has shown you get played when you're good enough. Stevie was too good not to get a chance, no matter how racist you think Rafa is, and Carra hadn't fully proved himself at centre-half until Rafa showed up. who gave him that chance? ;)
    I still think Liverpool have absolutely no hope of winning a league under Benitez, he is very good in europe but i wouldn't hold my breath on him winning a title for the pool anytime soon.

turn 2 of those draws into wins, and you have a Premiership title. he's a lot closer than you seem to want to admit. and it's been getting closer all the time over the past 4 years. eventually people are going to have to admit that Rafa might have a clue how to tackle the Premier League. Much like Fergie did in the 90s to Liverpool, Rafa's trying to overhaul a dynasty with this Utd setup. it took Fergie 7 years, Rafa's on 5.
    And if Benitez is so good why is it that Moyes has 3 LMA awards, so many in fact Everton should 'keep' the league. :)

My argument isn't that Moyes doesn't deserve to be recognised, it's that Pool are not on some sort of downward spiral as you seem to suggest and really want to believe. Moyes has done an incredible job, but so has Benitez, and as a result Liverpool are still comfortably ahead of Everton in the 'Kings on Merseyside' stakes.

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt'

Legs I don't know why you're persisting here. Yes we are closing the gap on Liverpool year by year and we are closer than we've been for a long time BUT we are still miles off. Moyes and the club are very much so operating a walk before you run policy and it's going to stay that way until the right invester comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm sure you I you wont have the balls but are you willing to put you're money were you're mouth is?
    What price are you offering and what is the exact bet you are offering?

everyone has hits and misses, everyone. moyes has been great in the transfer market in general, but rafa has also brought in quality. nando, garcia, skrtel, arbeloa, riera...i could go on. he's not been bad. this conversation's been had umpteen times on these forums so i'm not doing it again.

have you thought that maybe, just maybe, the english ones aren't as good as the foreign ones. everton aren't at Liverpool's level so we don't have room for a Rodwell in our first team yet. everton are in a fortunate position to have that many english prospects. good luck to you. just because they're english doesn't make him a better manager :confused: what nationality are most of utd's, arsenal's and chelsea's youngsters? and anyway, i've already mentioned underage national captain Martin Kelly; and englishman who'll be getting his chance' plus there's one or 2 others. so again, Rafa ain't racist. maybe his standards are higher than yours?

it could be argued, but there is nothing to suggest that it be true. Rafa has shown you get played when you're good enough. Stevie was too good not to get a chance, no matter how racist you think Rafa is, and Carra hadn't fully proved himself at centre-half until Rafa showed up. who gave him that chance? ;)

turn 2 of those draws into wins, and you have a Premiership title. he's a lot closer than you seem to want to admit. and it's been getting closer all the time over the past 4 years. eventually people are going to have to admit that Rafa might have a clue how to tackle the Premier League. Much like Fergie did in the 90s to Liverpool, Rafa's trying to overhaul a dynasty with this Utd setup. it took Fergie 7 years, Rafa's on 5.

My argument isn't that Moyes doesn't deserve to be recognised, it's that Pool are not on some sort of downward spiral as you seem to suggest and really want to believe. Moyes has done an incredible job, but so has Benitez, and as a result Liverpool are still comfortably ahead of Everton in the 'Kings on Merseyside' stakes.

My argument isn't that Moyes doesn't deserve to be recognised: well congratulations, your mind is obviously different than the managers in the EPL.

For the money Benitez has at him disposal I don't think Benitez is doing as marvellous a job. If DM had the finances to purchase players like Torres Everton would at least be up challenging also for top honours, considering what he has done with money that had to be found from re mortaging a house.

For the money Benitez has at him disposal I don't think Benitez is doing as marvellous a job. If DM had the finances to purchase players like Torres Everton would at least be up challenging also for top honours, considering what he has done with money that had to be found from re mortaging a house.
    Despite all your ridic comments, the saddest thing of all is that you are destroying a thread where people are congratulating David Moyes.

My argument isn't that Moyes doesn't deserve to be recognised: well congratulations, your mind is obviously different than the managers in the EPL.

you're just being ridiculous now; looking for an argument.

if you read that top statement, that in fact means i think he deserves to be recognised. so my mind is not that different to the other managers in the EPL after all.

and as you've been told previously, Rafa has financed a lot of his own transfer dealings through sales. he hasn't had the inordinate amount of money you seem to want to believe he has.

you still seem to think I'm geting at Moyes? unbelievable. i don't know how many times i have to say how highly i rate the man. so i'll say it once more...

the man is a blessing to your club; a real top class manager who you should be hoping stays with you a long, long time.

eagle eye wrote: »
    What price are you offering and what is the exact bet you are offering?

Liverpool not to finish in the top four next season. Haven't thought of odds for you. You interested?

you're just being ridiculous now; looking for an argument.

if you read that top statement, that in fact means i think he deserves to be recognised. so my mind is not that different to the other managers in the EPL after all.

and as you've been told previously, Rafa has financed a lot of his own transfer dealings through sales. he hasn't had the inordinate amount of money you seem to want to believe he has.

you still seem to think I'm geting at Moyes? unbelievable. i don't know how many times i have to say how highly i rate the man. so i'll say it once more...

the man is a blessing to your club; a real top class manager who you should be hoping stays with you a long, long time.

My bad, I never read your earlier post properly...[about Moyes not deserving]

maybe im too giddy...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Someone please lock this thread it hurts my eyes!

• Advertisement

Liverpool not to finish in the top four next season. Haven't thought of odds for you. You interested?
    No, that would be ridiculous. I do however think they could easily drop back to fourth. Them Arsenal lads are the right age now, and Chelsea with a decent manager could even win it next season. Its going to be very tight at the top next year imo. With the likes or City and Villa expected to be much stronger there will be a lot of big games. Still fancy them for top four but wouldn't bet on them being outside it. I'm not saying they won't win it either but its one is as likely to happen as the other. I just think it will be that tight.

Advertisement