Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing my original boundary map?

• 26-05-2009 10:42pm

Hi, hopefully a quick one, i have built a house on some land where as part of the deal i was given more land than originally advertised, recently i noticed the chap who drew up the map to register my boundary's didn't have the measurements right and the map is showing a smaller footprint then it should, i requested the original map as the chap who made the mistake was going to rectify it, but he now has decided he won't, so i was wondering who is the best person to take the map to for the right measurements to be added, cheers, Gary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 -unlaoised-

hi gary,
    your solicitor may be able to recommend an architect / engineer / cartographer to do a land reg map for you

Thank you, you have answered in minutes a question i have been asking for weeks, but as he is on the GAA committee my Dad says i have to be nice to him, so thanks again, Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

gary71 wrote: »
    Hi, hopefully a quick one, i have built a house on some land where as part of the deal i was given more land than originally advertised, recently i noticed the chap who drew up the map to register my boundary's didn't have the measurements right and the map is showing a smaller footprint then it should, i requested the original map as the chap who made the mistake was going to rectify it, but he now has decided he won't, so i was wondering who is the best person to take the map to for the right measurements to be added, cheers, Gary.

Have you made the site boundaries bigger than you got planning for, if you did then you need retention for your enitre house as constructed an expensive hobby that!!! if your boundaries are correct as per the planning and the extra land is outside but not shown in your ownership then you need a new land registery map done and all the legal work associated with it, also expensive or worst case if youve built the boundaries to the bigger site and need retention but also not transfered it the you need both retention and the land transfer done.

Hi No6, thankfully the house is within the original boundary and the extra is at the back so i have a longer garden, the boundary is still to be registered with my details as i was able to have the map returned before registering the original, the chap who drew up the map does all the work in this area, he was going to use a razor to remove the dimensions of the original and replace them with the new ones because that's the normal practice, but now he has decided not to do that which i am happy with and return the original map, i have been unable to get any information from him on what i do now to put his faux pas to bed and i am at the point of loosing my temper and embarrassing my dad:), thanks for the help, Gary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

gary71 wrote: »
    he was going to use a razor to remove the dimensions of the
    A close shave in other words :D

• Advertisement

An original map from the property registration authority costs about 25 or you can use a modern OS map form a map store for about 35. You may be in a county that has gone digital in which case I'm not sure what you do as we havn't gone that way yet. If you have paid someone to do it already then he should just redo it on a new map a t now cost. If you have to pay someone else to do it then it could cost you a few euros as it is a legal doccument, as mentioned already your solicitor should have someone who does the mapping for him.

I would put in a rear fence along the line of the original boundary as per the planning to keep your planning right as if you dont then you've made the site bigger then you require retention!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

No6 wrote: »
    I would put in a rear fence along the line of the original boundary as per the planning to keep your planning right as if you dont then you've made the site bigger then you require retention!!!

Making the site bigger than that which received planning permission, is never a big deal down this side and will usually be covered by a letter from the PA, provided all aspects of the original red boundary are contained within the new site.

Making the site smaller, or cutting a piece of the original red boundary out of the site will need a new application for change of site boundaries. Or retention thereof if the works are already done.

This is just my experience, down this side.:)

Thanks for the replys, Gary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Making the site bigger than that which received planning permission, is never a big deal down this side and will usually be covered by a letter from the PA, provided all aspects of the original red boundary are contained within the new site.

Making the site smaller, or cutting a piece of the original red boundary out of the site will need a new application for change of site boundaries. Or retention thereof if the works are already done.

Yes in fact the document the solicitors require from engineer in relation to site boundaries states that 'the site to which planning permission relates is contained within the boundary of the site outline for transfer etc'.

I would be inclined to agree with you Uncle Tom however from a planning perspective making the site bigger is the same as making it smaller the boundary is altered therefore technically it should require retention, this has been very loosely enforced in the past and the LA may issue a letter as you say but now with a horde of planners and enforcement officers looking for something to do to justify their existance they may not. I would strongly reccomend the OP to beware all it takes is one nosey planner with nothing to do and he could have an enforcement order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement