Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business games

Options
  • 26-05-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Hi is there any games out there that are more or less business simulation games.Something to get you familiar with business practises.
    I remember pizza connection had something of a business type feel to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

GTA: Chinatown Wars has a great drug dealing business game! As far as legit stuff goes, no idea, heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

haha i found something its called capitalism 2.ill give it a go see if its any use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Try any of the Theme games like Theme Park or Theme Hospital. Also Rollercoaster Tycoon is a great series.

Plus theres Sid Meiers Railroads, that game apparantly has realistic stock dealing and hostile takeover type stuff, easily enough to keep your inner Gordon Gecko at bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Simutrans is exactly what your looking for.

It is an open source and free implementation of an old game called Transport Tycoon Deluxe which rocked the crap out of the place.

You have to build complex transport routes and supply services. If you supply one service to a factory but don't move its goods and a competitor doesn't either then the factory will close since it is making stuff but can't sell it. It is really complex for this type of game and probably a bit heavy for same.

It has gone way beyond the level of the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe game so if that seems too heavy for you then you can try the original which is a bit more fun IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

"Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust"

Follows the rise of an employee trying to make it big in the movie industry.

You could follow this up with the acclaimed Haulage simulator: "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing"

• Advertisement

thanks for your input guys.
    But capitalism 2 is/was exactly what i was looking for.its fooooooking hard.has every aspect of the business model you could want.not great graphics but i just want to get used to the in's and outs of a business.i recommend it for anyone wanting to learn about running there own.

"In terms of scope and comprehensiveness, it has no equal in the world of business simulations."
    IGN.com 9.0 / 10

niceeeeeee haha

Advertisement