Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spare parts for a E-class Merc

• 27-05-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Need to source a plastic cover that goes over the bottom part of the boot lock and the boot edge for a W210(97-2003) E-class model. New one from Mercedes is a bit expensive and so far I couldn't find one in good nick in the scrap yards. If anybody knows of a Merc of that model that is being dismantled around Dublin, please give me a shout.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Have you tried kilcock scrapyard? They have a load of W210's out there I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gniie

I think I was there last week ( hope we are referring to the same place). The only car that probably has that part didn't have the key to open the boot! Thank's anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

gniie wrote: »
    I think I was there last week ( hope we are referring to the same place). The only car that probably has that part didn't have the key to open the boot! Thank's anyway

Boot release on the driver's side door? Also nearly sure there's an emergency boot release cable hidden somewhere in the petrol cap area.

there is a boot release on the central console alright but that works only when there is a battery in the car( and it wasn't one in there...) but I wasn't aware of the other boot release. I'll check it out in my car first and if I'll find it I'll go back to the scrap yard. Thank's for that"nialler".

can'y see the emergency boot release wire in my car( at the petrol cap).Does anybody knows were it should be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Brabazone

Try a dealer in the north, would almost guarntee you it would be half the price. My brother was quoted €1400 euro for a clutch for a new shape skoda octivia down here but got it of a dealer in the north for €650. Also, my nephew was quoted €120 for a boot release cable for an audi a4 but got it in the north for £30, thats about €35. We get all our bits up there now, usualy for half the price.

Advertisement