Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

80gb HD only showing 53gb

• 27-05-2009 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Okay,hands down is pretty stupid,but its a problem and I want to try and correct it nonetheless.

I created a partition (:f) on my 80GB HD and put Windows 7 on the partition (20gb). Anyway's after a week I got sick of Windows 7 (don't need it) and I formatted the partition (:f),now only the C-drive is left and reads 53gb, without and sign of the f-drive.

Is there any solution/software that can correct this problem?
    Any helpful comments always appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

which OS do you have ?

in XP Pro
    control panel , admin tools, computer management, disk management

they you should see the free space or Unknown partition left behind, you should be able to reformat to a recognisible file system, but make sure it isn;t your boot partition ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

which OS do you have ?

in XP Pro
    control panel , admin tools, computer management, disk management

they you should see the free space or Unknown partition left behind, you should be able to reformat to a recognisible file system, but make sure it isn;t your boot partition ;)

Yeah it was XP Pro,just got it sorted there! Cheers dude! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Aye carumba! After the POST The Dual Boot Screen Still comes up and Windows 7 aint there anymore,any ideas how to get rid? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

right click my computer\properties\advanced\startup and recovery (settings)

just make sure XP is listed as the first OS and then just untick the first box or else manually delete the line for win7 in the bootmanager

Advertisement