Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live arcade.

• 27-05-2009 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Can anyone recommend a good XBLA game? One that isn't too much of a commitment but has a bit of replay value? I picked up Portal last year and have played it more than any full priced game I've played in a long time. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Peggle, man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Geometry Wars 2, no question (if you like arcade shooters).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Gotta agree on both these, Peggle is like cocaine mixed with heroin served on bacon levels of addictive properties. Geometry Wars 2 is great for a quick 2-3 minute blast of action if your bored.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

My favourite XBLA games include:

Bomberman Live
    Castle Crashers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Peggle
    Braid
    Castle Crashers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Braid, Peggle, Castle Crashers, Dishwasher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Peggle and Geometry Wars 2 are the bee's knees

The others suggested here are very good too though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

N+, for the love of god, why has nobody said N+ yet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Oh yeah i forgot that one! Awesome game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Texas Hold 'Em FTW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Peggle
    N+ (got it for the DS and it's really good, rage inducing at times though)
    Sonic 1/2
    Geometry Wars 1/2
    Marble Blast Ultra
    Uno :)
    Hexic
    Heavy Weapon
    Texas Hold 'Em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

N+ is a definite.

Just be sure to record yourself as you are playing it and upload the most "rage-out" bits to Youtube :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I'm going to presume it was just so obvious that it didn't need to be said... :p

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, why for the love of Dracula, has nobody said Castlevania yet??? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm going to presume it was just so obvious that it didn't need to be said... :p

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, why for the love of Dracula, has nobody said Castlevania yet??? :eek:

Touche!

Now that is by far the best game on Xboxlive Arcade. What a phenomenal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Also, might I reccomend some Xbox Classics? They're about the same price and there are some gems there. In particular, Black and Psychonauts. Farenheight is also well worth a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Braid, I forgot about that. If you liked Portal, you'll probably like this the most of the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fred East

Got Peggle. 'tis pretty addictive alright. It's very original for a puzzle game too, not your usual mutation of Tetris. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! PEGGLE!! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Peggles good, if you want more levels there are some demos up on steam for other versions for Pc.

Personally I prefer to play with the mouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I got Peggle earlier tonight, its soooo good!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Briad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Outrun

Advertisement