Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for us.... and give us a chance to rob you, and more!

Options
  • 27-05-2009 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Howdy gang,

Just wondering if anyone here thinks that it will make the slightest difference in the long term who gets voted in at the next general election?

Now I admit, I'm no political expert, but I wonder if a party / parties from current opposition get in to power, how long do you think they will stay "clean" or better yet, how long do you think it will take people / voters to fall back into the old "not give a crap" category? This to me is the main problem in Ireland right now, and I often wonder why Irish people have such a short memory when it comes to such matters?

What I find truly puzzling is that stuttering numpty Bertie can shed a few tears and the populace seems to totally sidestep the basics that he was finance minister during the time in question, and yet didn't have a bank account? er, what? how was that answer not laughed out of court / tribunal?

And, as my dad pointed out to me this evening, Frank Dunlop got stung for 18 months in prison (I would say EXTREMELY unlikely to be Mountjoy lol) but as I say, from what I've heard, he was only the middle-man, so will the people who provided the cash for the bribes be jailed also? will the people who accepted the bribes be jailed?) Why is it that these questions never seem to get asked? is it the same principal that when the majority of Irish people go out for a meal and they get food that's sub-standard or cold, they "don't want to cause a fuss"? is it genetic?

Sorry for the rant, just bothers me that there's so much going on right in front of all of us and it seems that some obvious questions aren't getting asked :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Hi,

I was wondering the same myself. I'm all geared up to vote against fianna fail for the first time in my adult life. But i'm worried that a change of government will just cost me more overall. Whoever gets in at next general election are not likely to cancel the imcome levies, pension levies or tax increases. So all would happen is the new crowd would just take some more of your wages under a new scheme.

It just dawned on me yesterday. The ink has hardly dried on the emergency budget, yet the october budget 2010 is only 4 and half months away.

Advertisement